Unfortunately no shipping options ... for your location...

I think I've read all the threads related to this issue as well as knowledge base. I either have a twist on it or I'm missing something. The “unfortunately . . .” message comes up before any information is posted by the purchaser. So I don't know how the cart knows whether there there is a shipping option available or not. I've cleared the cache each time I've tried to recreate the problem. If I log in as a buyer this does not occur. It only happens if I try to purchase using the “check out as a guest” option.

If I ignore the warning everything seems to proceed normally as far as placing the order and the correct shipping amount is included. However taxes aren't added any longer.

I say “any longer” because up until the customer's inquiry, taxes and shipping were accurately processed.

The store's been up for about 10 months. To the best of my knowledge this hasn't occurred before. As a result I don't know where to go from here. I have to wonder if the answer isn't staring me in the face but I've been at it so long I may now have a blind spot so another pair of eyes would be appreciated.

The store in question is www.johnwade.ca/store

John

Hello John,

Thank you for your message. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

It seems that the issue occurs because of a well-known problem in the version of your CS-Cart installation. In order to fix it, you should replace the following part of the code:

fn_companies_apply_cart_shipping_rates($cart, $cart_products, $auth, $shipping_rates);

with this one:

if (defined('ESTIMATION') || $calculate_shipping != 'S' && $cart['shipping_required'] == true) {
fn_companies_apply_cart_shipping_rates($cart, $cart_products, $auth, $shipping_rates);
}

in the “fn.cart.php” file located in the “core” directory of your CS-Cart installation. Please check it.

As regards the problem with taxes, it requires investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide temporary access to your server.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Thank you Pavel,

That did resolve the problem. The taxes seem to be working correctly now. I was expecting to see them before the final steps in the check out process.

John