Understanding Pages

I just recently upgraded form 2.2.4 and am trying to figure out how to setup "pages." For example, I would like to setup a new arrivals page...with nothing on that page but new arrivals. I have the new arrivals block made, but how do I create a page under website->pages and then add the block to the layout? I didn't find this in the documentation. If anyone can quickly explain or provide a link I'd be grateful. Thanks!

I use pages only for shipping & payment methods, for displaying new stuff use Bestsellers & On-Sale Products addon available in cs-cart by default.

http://docs.cs-cart.com/4.3.x/user_guide/addons/bestsellers_and_on_sale_products/bestsellers_pages.html?highlight=bestseller

Now use

• Bestsellers - products.bestsellers
  • On sale - products.on_sale
  • Final sale - products.final_sale
  • Newest - products.newest

http://demo.cs-cart.com/index.php?dispatch=products.newest

can also make 'SEO rule' products.newest -> new

I just recently upgraded form 2.2.4 and am trying to figure out how to setup "pages." For example, I would like to setup a new arrivals page...with nothing on that page but new arrivals. I have the new arrivals block made, but how do I create a page under website->pages and then add the block to the layout? I didn't find this in the documentation. If anyone can quickly explain or provide a link I'd be grateful. Thanks!

- create new CMS page with empty content

- go to Design -> Layouts -> Pages page

- create new block with new arrivals

- disable this block

- go to the Status tab in the block settings and enable this block for the specific CMS page only

- create new CMS page with empty content

- go to Design -> Layouts -> Pages page

- create new block with new arrivals

- disable this block

- go to the Status tab in the block settings and enable this block for the specific CMS page only

Thanks! Okay, I've done this but I cannot get that block to show up. I can see the html I put on the page, but the block with items that supposed to appear below just isn't there. By the way, I'm using a non-built in template and I had to create a Pages page as there wasn't one there already. Perhaps I created it wrong? Is there a step missing above? The new arrival block I created was right below the main content block on the Pages page. By the way, when I'm on website->Pages and I select a page the default layout is different than what I have setup for Pages in the design->layouts area. Is there supposed to be a correlation there? The layout actually matches the Contact page in design->layouts area.

I think I figured it out now. The "contact" page in design->layouts is functioning as the Pages page. When I add the block there as per your instructions everything works. Thanks for the help, now I can finish this up.

I think I figured it out now. The "contact" page in design->layouts is functioning as the Pages page. When I add the block there as per your instructions everything works. Thanks for the help, now I can finish this up.

Yes, you can create different layout pages for different CMS pages. I am glad to hear that the issue is solved

When you select a brand from the brand page it leads to another page with all the products from that brand. How can you change what appears on that page along with the items from that brand?

When you select a brand from the brand page it leads to another page with all the products from that brand. How can you change what appears on that page along with the items from that brand?

You can create new layout page for the "View product features" dispatch. Do not forget to add the Main content block to it