Turning cart off ??

In a couple weeks I am going on Vacation for a few days (yay) Is there a way to switch off the add to cart or just switch off checkout ?

I want to do it in a way that the products are still viewable, just make it so no one can place an order.

I know there is this option.

Key of access to temporarily closed store. Use: [url]http://www.company.com/index.php?store_access_key=key_value[/url]. Leave blank to open the store.

But that totally closes the website, it doesn’t just disable checkout… I am using a version from 18 months or so ago.

Thanks John

Nothing? There is no way to turn off just the cart ?

[quote name=‘Johnny’]Nothing? There is no way to turn off just the cart ?[/QUOTE]

On the bottom right of your admin screen there is a button that says Close Store. This will put up a message saying store is temporary closed to visitors.

That’s not what he wants to do, basically he wants to turn his site into a temporary online catalog without allowing orders while on vacation.

This might work:

Within Settings>General>Users/Cart>Allow Shopping for Unlogged Customers

Try setting this to: Hide Add to Cart Button

Then, figure out a way to remove the Customer Login Fields so that knowone can login while you are on vacation.

(Otherwise, just accept the fact that you will never be able to take another vacation for the rest of your life!)

[quote name=‘Struck’]That’s not what he wants to do, basically he wants to turn his site into a temporary online catalog without allowing orders while on vacation.

This might work:

Then, figure out a way to remove the Customer Login Fields so that knowone can login while you are on vacation.

(Otherwise, just accept the fact that you will never be able to take another vacation for the rest of your life!)[/QUOTE]

In that case you can also disable all of the payment methods.

I have this on my store, it is on here somewhere, you will just have to search.

I installed in 1.3.# so no use searching in 2.0.# and I can’t say for sure it will work, my has some how survived all the upgrades.

EDIT# Just tried mine and it doesn’t seem to work so will have a look later!

[quote name=‘Struck’]That’s not what he wants to do, basically he wants to turn his site into a temporary online catalog without allowing orders while on vacation.

This might work:

(Otherwise, just accept the fact that you will never be able to take another vacation for the rest of your life!)[/QUOTE]

Why can’t you just add a large banner saying that you are on vacation, orders will be processed 2010/01…

[quote][url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=8287&highlight=Disable+shopping+for+the+holiday[/url][/quote]

Not sure if it still works with 2.0.#

[quote name=‘whiplash13’]In that case you can also disable all of the payment methods.[/QUOTE]

People can still place orders when no payment methods are selected.

[quote name=‘Darius’]Why can’t you just add a large banner saying that you are on vacation, orders will be processed 2010/01…[/QUOTE]

I get 30+ orders a day and don’t want to come back to 300 orders :wink:

30 orders a day sounds good, if i get 30 orders per day in my business i go 365 days in holidays and my workers made the orders lol