Turn off Upgrade Prompt at Admin login

Can someone tell me how to turn off / disable the upgrade notice [orange box on upper right side] at login.

We are not upgrading every time an upgrade comes out and this is very annoying to have to click closed during ever Admin login.

Thanks. :confused:

Remove your cs-cart serial number from the admin panel.

Thanks, worked perfectly…

Much appreciated! :smiley:

Thank you

how many more times these **** upgrades going to break everything **** its like ground hog day

surely there should have been a option to turn them off

only got around 10 of these dam version 2 sites to worry about :frowning:

hating cs cart 2 BIG TIME

Indeed - this is quite the pain.

I’m not sure whether its the way we implemented our template/skin, or whether CS-Cart just doesn’t have well-separated concerns, but each upgrade seems to break the site completely and require a re-implementation of every custom skin aspect we originally customised!

It’s easily frustrating enough to put me off CS-Cart for future projects - especially when the documentation contains no details about how to minimise the impact of this!

I wish I had better news for you but you can’t make custom modifications to existing templates and expect them to upgrade properly, it’s just not going to happen, not with cs and not with any other cart. The best thing to do is keep a detailed record of your modifications and only upgrade when the major updates are released, like 2.1 but you’ll want to wait until the bugs are ironed out first - Sno

[quote]

It’s easily frustrating enough to put me off CS-Cart for future projects - especially when the documentation contains no details about how to minimise the impact of this!

[/quote]

You might want to read this document I wrote well before cs-cart even came out with the my_changes addon. Note that there are more recent lists of “hooks” published in the forum. It will describe for you the concepts and the methods used to get separation from upgrades. Note that this does NOT guarantee that things won’t break after an upgrade, but it definitely minimizes the risk.

[url]http://www.ez-ms.com/docs/customizing_your_store.pdf[/url]