Turn Off Supplier

When we first started out we enabled the Supplier functionality but soon found out it did not do what we thought it would do for us (depends what you call a supplier). At any rate, we deleted the suppliers we had set up only to discover that all the products that had been configured for the suppliers had been deleted - without warning.

We still have the Supplier function turned on and one supplier (which is ourselves) showing as the default for all. Can we safely turn off the Supplier function altogether without losing all the products?

We love CS Cart so far but there are a couple of things like this product deletion without any sort of warning that scare us. Same thing happens if you delete a category… any products that only exist in that category get deleted… again no warning.

Hello Henry,

If you disable the “Suppliers” functionality in your store, none of your products will be deleted.

As regards your suggestions on adding notifications when removing a supplier or a category, I would like to inform you that since recently we have started using the UserVoice service to accept new feature requests and suggestions on improving CS-Cart: http://cscart.uservoice.com

We would like to ask you to post your suggestion to the CS-Cart forum at uservoice.com. The detailed information and explanation why these improvements are important to be implemented will help it to earn more votes and probably be among the top features that might be added to CS-Cart.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

I tried disabling the supplier function and my frontpage content disappeared. Not sure how the two are related but I was not able to turn this off. My problem is, if I missed assigning the same supplier (there is only one) to every one of the 3000 products, it will double the shipping costs for any order with more than one supplier. The frontpage content was a list of topselling titles where the products were assigned manually. I unchecked the display supplier and display shipping separately but I have the feeling it did not fix my problem.

Hello Pcay,

I am sorry to hear that you experience this problem.

The problem requires the investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your server.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

I hate to disagree with you Pavel, but everytime I've deleted a supplier all of the products assigned to that supplier were also deleted.

The last time I did this, I was lucky and was able to restore a backup, but either way it still sucked.

Deleting the supplier or category should never delete the products. Or it should at least give you the option to delete all the products or not.

I know that wasn't any help Pcay, but maybe it answered something.

Thanks,

Brandon

Hello Brandon,

Thank you for the reply.

In my previous message I told about disabling the “Suppliers” functionality, but not about deleting a supplier's profile. If you disable this functionality, no products will be deleted in your store. However, if you delete a supplier's profile, you are absolutely right that all the products assigned to this supplier will be deleted.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team