Trying To Build Dropdown Menu With Category Tree Submenu

Trying To Build Dropdown Menu With Category Tree Submenu

For some reason my post ended up in the CONFIGUATION section so I'm re-posting it here.

First thanks for being here. I'm a CS-Cart newbie. I see many great features for my customers but I'm not the typical CS-Cart user. We sell services rather than 1000s of products. Because of this, my clients don't do a lot of searching. I just need to layout the services in a logical manner.

I'm trying to build a submenu from “Services” on the main menu that then becomes a category tree.

[size=2][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Home Services Questions Rave Reviews About Us

|

| Executive Candidates ==> | EXECUTIVE CANDIDATES |

| Management Candidates | PRESENTATION MARKETING INTERVIEWING |

| Professional Candidates | *Resumes, Etc. *Marketing Plans *Individual Coaching |

| Early Career Candidates | *LinkedIn Profiles *Resume Visibility *Practice Material |

| * … * … * … |

|
|[/font][/size]

The dropdown menu (Execs, Mgrs, Pros, …) contain 1st level categories

The “expanded menu” contains my 2nd & 3rd level categories

I've been able to create the expand menu by simply creating a stand alone menu.

1. I can't figure out how to limit the dropdown menu to the 1st level categories
  2. I can't see how to call/activate the expanded menu when a dropdown item is selected.

I'm just not sure where to go from here. I have read everything related to this on the forum but haven't seen the right answer for my situation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.