Trouble with Inventory

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone could help me understand what I might be doing wrong here. We've got a store setup with about 60 products. The issue we're having is with inventory - specifically when an item reaches an inventory of 0 it doesn't seem to disappear for users, or even give some kind of sign that it's out of stock.

At first I thought it was because I had the “allow negative inventory” checked. But even in unchecking that, it doesn't seem to have any affect.

So far right now I've got allow negative inventory unchecked and inventory checked. Is there some additional setting I'm totally missing?

The cart version is 2.1.2 if that matters - I thought maybe it was a bug possibly??

Thanks in advance for any help!

Is your theme highly customized?

Here are my settings, everything working fine version 2.2.5

cart admin/Settings/General-Catalog

Enable inventory tracking (checked)

Allow negative amount in inventory (unchecked)

Download key TTL (for electronically distributed products), hours (24)

Low stock notification threshold (1)

Show products from subcategories of the selected category (unchecked)

Display modifiers for product options (checked)

Exception style (Hide Exception)

Show out of stock products (checked)

No, the theme itself isn't highly customized, we just have some customizations on things like promotions.

I looked at your list maxam and mine seems to be the same but it's just not yielding a result. I changed the final check you mentioned - Show Out of Stock Products - thinking maybe the other settings plus that one being unchecked would do the trick and it is not.

Hi larryU,

In cart admin look at your products and check that you have the following option selected

Availability

Out of stock actions (?): Sign up for notification

I noticed this today while editing products.

Hi there,

If you set the “Out of stock action” (on the product page in the administration area) to “Do not allow customers to add the product to cart”, the “out of stock” text will appear on storefront.

[quote name='LarryU' timestamp='1357671333' post='152411']

No, the theme itself isn't highly customized, we just have some customizations on things like promotions.

I looked at your list maxam and mine seems to be the same but it's just not yielding a result. I changed the final check you mentioned - Show Out of Stock Products - thinking maybe the other settings plus that one being unchecked would do the trick and it is not.

[/quote]