Trouble with Custom Product Pricing per User Group

Hi-

I'm having trouble with setting up custom product pricing for each user group. Can anyone help?

Right now, we have 7 different user groups that each have unique custom product pricing. In order to set it up I had created a “promotion” with a “condition” for each unique user group. Then I created a “bonus” for each product and price for that specific user group.

The problem is that when I logged in as that specific user group to see if it worked the pricing didn't reflect the product pricing fixed price I had set in the promotion for that user group. Would it show up on the product page or is it supposed to show up later in the shopping cart?

Can anyone give me feedback on what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you!

Hello wallynat4,

Thank you for your message.

It seems that this issue occurs for you because you have set up a Cart promotion instead of a Catalog one. In this case you will get the specific discount only when you add products to the cart. If you want to see the necessary discounts on the necessary product page, I advise you to create a Catalog promotion. In this case the discounted price will be shown for a specific user or you can define the necessary product prices via the Quantity discounts feature.

For more information about how to apply a discount to a specific user group via catalog promotions please refer to this article in our Knowledge base:

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

For more information about how to define necessary product prices via the Quantity discounts feature please refer to this article in our Knowledge base:

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team