Trouble Adding Download Files

We are about to place several downloadable products to our store. When I attempt to upload my product download file, I get the error:

“It is not allowed to upload files with size more than 8M”

which is a problem as my product’s zippped file size is right about 77MB. There are multiple Photoshop files contained in the zipped download. All of our download products will be over 8MB and I cannot split this into multiple downloads.

Question: Is there a way to remove this download file size limit or another fix for this problem?

By the way, we’re on CS-Cart 2.1.1

I submitted this to the Bug Tracker area as I thought it could be caused by a program bug. Here’s the response I received:

Andy Ye

01-05-2011 12:30 PM

Yes, there is. Consider increasing PHP’s post_max_size and upload_max_filesize settings to the appropriate values.

I replied:

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your comment. Do you have instructions on where the files are and how to do this?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Does anyone know hoe to access the files Andy refers to?

Via php.ini file or your host.

Thanks Tool. I’ve contacted my hosting company for help.

When I asked my hosting company to increase the upload file size, they chuckled because I’m on a shared host and they aren’t willing to give that permission to everyone on the server.

So for the life of me, I can’t figure out how to fix this problem. I’ve been FTPing the zipped product folder to /var/downloads/65 (65=product folder). Next I go into the admin, navigate to the product page, click on the “Files” tab, then under “File” I select “Server” and navigate to my zipped product folder, select it and click “Select File.”

I see the correct filename but when I save it and try to place a test order, it shows that the file is empty (i.e., 0 bytes) when it’s actually 106.9MBs.

This is so frustrating. I’m following the step-by-step installation instructions but this refuses to work.

Can anyone help???

Find a new host??

You can’t upload the file because of the server settings. The file upload limit is set to 8 MB. You won’t be able to upload a larger file without increasing that limit.

While that’s something to consider for the long-term it isn’t an option right now. The files I FTPed (using Fetch) the filesize of the upload is correct. I place it in the correct folder but no luck.

I noticed that CS-Cart made sub-folders 65/h and a 65/h_1. I’m not sure what they mean.

Any ideas?

If you know where you uploaded the file to, you should be able to select the ‘server’ link when you are creating the download file. There, you can browse to the location of the file on the server and select it.

… but it hasn’t been working. Through my FTP application I can see the zipped file is in the correct place and the size is what it should be.

Then, I go to the Admin and do exactly as you say and select the ‘server’ link, locate and double-ckilck on the zip file to select it, and save. But when I try placing a test order, I get a link to the filename with “Zero” bytes.

Something isn’t working properly and I can’t for the life of me figure out what’s going on.

Heeeeeeeeeelp …

Most shared environments allow for localized php.ini files. Alternatively you can do it via your .htaccess file (one of the htaccess folks can give you exact syntax).