Transactional E-Mails

Hello everyone,

I'm searching for transactional emails provider. I've checked few from Google but I'm not sure which one is good enough for me (zero experience in this). They all are "the best" :-)

May main need is transactional email notifications for orders, payment, shipping, RMA, etc. , perhaps occasional and limited number of marketing later but not really massive campaigns.

Any thoughts, pros/cons and suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Jim

Using Mailjet. It has 200 mails per day free. Supports smtp and never let us down.

Using mailchimp for marketing

I am using g suite for transactional emails and sendy + amazon ses for newsletters. Mailchimp is too expensive.. :)

I am using g suite for transactional emails and sendy + amazon ses for newsletters. Mailchimp is too expensive.. :)

Interesting... is sendy for newsletters aswel? Is there a cs cart integration and does it do cart abandonment?

I don’t think mailchimp is expensive. The conversions we get from there are way more than the 900-ish per year.

Also the Simtech e-commerce addon integrates nicely with it.

The mailchimp transactional service is way too expensive... hence we use free mailjet

Sendy is just email client that is created to work specially with amazon ses, their quota for me is 50000 emails a day with 14emails a second plan..

I have downgraded my mailchimp subscription to free plan where I can use their templates. I can create email there and use code to send from sendy, I host it on separate domain from the shop I advertise...

Sendy has templates, campains and other stuff but no integration with cs-cart, you have to import subscribers via simple export import..

Interesting... is sendy for newsletters aswel? Is there a cs cart integration and does it do cart abandonment?

I don’t think mailchimp is expensive. The conversions we get from there are way more than the 900-ish per year.

Also the Simtech e-commerce addon integrates nicely with it.

The mailchimp transactional service is way too expensive... hence we use free mailjet

Using Mailjet. It has 200 mails per day free. Supports smtp and never let us down.

Using mailchimp for marketing

Mailjet seems to fit the bill for now. How can I integrate it to cs-cart? Is it done through e-mail settings in admin panel or I need add-on for that?

Gmail was the first I was looking at but they have country restrictions for creating accounts. Their help info is not for total newbies like me. If I manage to find workaround for these restrictions, how do I integrate it with the cart?

SES - many say it's the most stable one but, oh man.. their guides are for pros!! All these settings for each and every tiny detail! I got lost just in less than 5 min reading their "quick start". :-)

Regarding gmail

if its enough for you to send emails to customers as somecompany@gmail.com then you use credentials like your email and pass as logins, in gmail settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP enable POP mail feature.

How to setup gmail on cs-cart

https://docs.cs-cart.com/latest/install/possible_issues/gmail.html?highlight=smtp

Now if you want to send mail using gmail but as someone@yourcompany.com then you have to create mx record in your domain setting cpanel or similar to forward all incoming mail to aspmx.l.google.com

also now you need to use paid g suite (now called Google Workspace) service..

Gmail was the first I was looking at but they have country restrictions for creating accounts. Their help info is not for total newbies like me. If I manage to find workaround for these restrictions, how do I integrate it with the cart?

SES - many say it's the most stable one but, oh man.. their guides are for pros!! All these settings for each and every tiny detail! I got lost just in less than 5 min reading their "quick start". :-)

With amazon at first look all complicate but its just the huge list of services, but you need only simple mail service.

https://aws.amazon.com/

create account, add domains, emails, verify them all with CNAME and DKIM. Apply to support for limit increase (you do not need if 200 emails daily is enough for you.

After domains are verified you get smtp settings, put them same as in link above

Regarding gmail

if its enough for you to send emails to customers as somecompany@gmail.com then you use credentials like your email and pass as logins, in gmail settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP enable POP mail feature.

How to setup gmail on cs-cart

https://docs.cs-cart.com/latest/install/possible_issues/gmail.html?highlight=smtp

Now if you want to send mail using gmail but as someone@yourcompany.com then you have to create mx record in your domain setting cpanel or similar to forward all incoming mail to aspmx.l.google.com

also now you need to use paid g suite (now called Google Workspace) service..

With amazon at first look all complicate but its just the huge list of services, but you need only simple mail service.

https://aws.amazon.com/

create account, add domains, emails, verify them all with CNAME and DKIM. Apply to support for limit increase (you do not need if 200 emails daily is enough for you.

After domains are verified you get smtp settings, put them same as in link above

Yes, Google Workspace - that's what I was referring to. And yes, It's a must emails to be sent to customers like sales@mydomain.com or such, not @gmail.com or any other in that matter. I used to do that for localhost installations to check cart functionality and other stuff, but that's a big "no" for real live store.

hmm... sounds so simple about Amazon :), I'd take another look at it. Newly opened store with 200+ transactional emails a day? Sounds like a dream to me :)

Mailjet works about the same to setup. Go with Amazon first. If that works, it’s the best platform to grow with

@mumbomedia

Thank you, that is my intention after researching some of the more popular providers. Hope I could make it working :)

Thank you all for the replies! Appreciated!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Stay safe!