Tracking coupons?

With my old cart I was able to have the coupon code used show up right on the invoice. This way I knew what discount the customer received. Is there a way to do this within CS? Or even just anyway to track this?

The coupon code does show on the invoice in the totals section. I really wish they move coupons and reward points into a separate informational block instead of cluttering up the totals - the current display is terribly confusing.

Bob

The code does show up on the Admin Order screen when you view a placed order and a Promotions link also appears next to the General and Addons tabs of the order. I’m sure you can find the code for the promotion code and add it to the invoice template to have it appear on the invoice.

I think I removed my code from appearing on the invoice so it wouldn’t cause confusion to my customers. I can see it on the Admin side and the customer can see it when they view their order in Order History.

I guess no one has used a coupon on the site today (first day being live). So that is why I was missing it. Thanks!

You said it, Bob! I’ve made some minor changes to my various layouts (checkout, order history, invoices) to make it less confusing but it would be nice if CS-Cart would just move them to separate blocks as you mentioned.

[quote name=‘scase’]You said it, Bob! I’ve made some minor changes to my various layouts (checkout, order history, invoices) to make it less confusing but it would be nice if CS-Cart would just move them to separate blocks as you mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, the CS-Cart team can’t make the skins be perfect for everyone. They give us default skins that are easily edited for fixing issues like this so that the layout can suit each of our individual tastes and visions. Having them make small changes like this is almost counter productive since not everyone has the same idea of how a layout should be.

[quote name=‘adodric’]Honestly, the CS-Cart team can’t make the skins be perfect for everyone. They give us default skins that are easily edited for fixing issues like this so that the layout can suit each of our individual tastes and visions. Having them make small changes like this is almost counter productive since not everyone has the same idea of how a layout should be.[/QUOTE]

I agree that they cannot make the invoice templates perfect for everyone but I have a hard time believing that many people want things like coupon codes and reward points commingled with the order totals. At the very least, they should be grouped together AFTER the order total. Ideally they would show up in a separate information block which would include coupon codes used and reward point information (points earned, points used and points balance).

Bob