Track warehouse from Zen Cart

My supplier has a web shop created in Zen Cart. Can I track the warehouse so i don't have to communicate with him every day?

If he's willing to publish the info then you can certainly develop an interface that will read the data and update your store.

If your question is: “can I read his store and my whim?” The answer is no.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1319162706' post='124188']

If he's willing to publish the info then you can certainly develop an interface that will read the data and update your store.

[/quote]

Yes, he is.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1319162706' post='124188']

If your question is: “can I read his store and my whim?” The answer is no.

[/quote]

What do you mean?

Then you can write an interface that will read his info and update your store. It is custom development but quite doable if he will publish his format, API and any other info needed to get at his data.

It is pretty standard B2B type operation.

But since formats of data vary widely it is rare that something developed for one can be just dropped in and used by another.

Is it easy? Is it free of charge? If not how much costs?

[quote]

Is it easy? Is it free of charge? If not how much costs?

[/quote]

Easy is a relative term. Even easy can be time consuming.

I won't (and I doubt others will) do custom development for free, but you can ask around. Just remember, you will probably get what you pay for…

If you'd like me to quote it for you, please go to Get a quote and provide me all the info thta's needed from your supplier so the amount of work could be determined. This would include the format of the data, how the user is authenticated and whether you want to run the update manually, or have it run from a cron job. Easiest is to just get your suppliers integration documentation and forward it along.