Top Menu links

Gday,

I’d like to have a top menu option that can link to url that opens in a new window (_blank).

Where is the best place to put the _blank code?

Many thanks,

Greg

[quote name=‘customfx’]Gday,

I’d like to have a top menu option that can link to url that opens in a new window (_blank).

Where is the best place to put the _blank code?

Many thanks,

Greg[/QUOTE]

Admin>Design>topmenu>edit>URL

Create a topmenu item then edit etc.

BarryH

Thanks for your reply Barry.

I added target=“_blank” at the end of the URL field but that has not worked yet. Is this the correct place to add the target=“_blank”?

Basically it’s a link to my blog and I don’t want to take them off the shop site, hence opening a new window.

Cheers.

bump

Ok, I have had a good play with v2.0.7 and most is fine. I still have an issue with the Top Menu.

I want a link up there that opens in a new widow. How can I do this??

I can setup a link in Pages that opens in a new window. That works well in the Information area, but when I add it to the Top Menu, no go.

Cheers,

Greg

[url]http://www.sharedmemories.com.au/index.php[/url]

[quote name=‘customfx’]bump

Ok, I have had a good play with v2.0.7 and most is fine. I still have an issue with the Top Menu.

I want a link up there that opens in a new widow. How can I do this??

I can setup a link in Pages that opens in a new window. That works well in the Information area, but when I add it to the Top Menu, no go.

Cheers,

Greg

[url]http://www.sharedmemories.com.au/index.php[/url][/QUOTE]

I am having a similar problem. I have added a link in the pages section but the name of my link becomes the URL even though I have specified another URL. It doesn’t matter if I use relative or absolute URLs.

Any ideas how to get around this? The same link in my sidebar works perfectly…just the top menu wants to use the name as the URL.

Cheers.

[quote name=‘malinky’]I am having a similar problem. I have added a link in the pages section but the name of my link becomes the URL even though I have specified another URL. It doesn’t matter if I use relative or absolute URLs.

Any ideas how to get around this? The same link in my sidebar works perfectly…just the top menu wants to use the name as the URL.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Ok so five minutes later and after an hour of searching I discovered a work-around.

Because I have a side-bar and a top-menu with the same nav and one of my pages is actually a link to the store, and is a secondary nav item I had to…

1. create my page in the pages section (find a stockist)
  2. create a link to my store in the pages section (buy online)
  3. side nav is all good at this point (shows both links under the main nav item “where to buy”)
  4. for the top menu I had to create two new links under the “where to buy” link instead of using the dynamic option for creating drop-downs.

It’s a bit confusing to explain but hopefully if someone else runs into the same issue that will help.