Too Many 404 Errors, Pissed me OFF!

Day by day google webmaster notifying me they are detecting too many 404 url. Currently it is cross 640 urls. Please help me to get out of this shit. You can check the screenshot here

Perhaps looking in your webserver log will allow you to find the referring page of these.

Google Webmaster data is mostly rubbish and half of it is out of date. I only trust my logs.

[quote name='kickoff3pm' timestamp='1364317004' post='158748']

Perhaps looking in your webserver log will allow you to find the referring page of these.

Google Webmaster data is mostly rubbish and half of it is out of date. I only trust my logs.

[/quote]

Sorry but how can i see the log on webserver ?

You need to do the robots txt addition to stop urls with ? from being crawled… add the following:

Disallow: /*?

[quote name='miracles' timestamp='1364317617' post='158749']

Sorry but how can i see the log on webserver ?

[/quote]

Well if you don't know about them, perhaps it's best to check the stats from within your cpanel or other admin you use to manage your hosting. Look for something like AWSTATS then open that and look for refferers

BTW just because Google webmaster finds things and reports them it doesn't mean they are doing any harm. Even if those pages are indexed the likelihood of anyone finding them and visiting them are almost nill.

Here is my robots.txt, but I'm not sure it would fix your problem:

User-agent: *

Disallow: /images/thumbnails/

Disallow: /skins/

Disallow: /payments/

Disallow: /store_closed.html

Disallow: /core/

Disallow: /lib/

Disallow: /install/

Disallow: /js/

Disallow: /schemas/

Needs nofollow noindex on the “signin” button in the “my account” section by the looks on it.

I think i found it but I'm no expert myself.

If you go into the template editor and then to /skins/basic/customer/blocks

Double click the my_account.tpl

Scroll down to this line;

$return_current_url”|fn_url}{/if}” {if $settings.General.secure_auth != “Y”} rev=“login_block{$block.snapping_id}” class=“cm-dialog-opener cm-dialog-auto-size account”{else}rel=“nofollow” class=“account”{/if}>{$lang.sign_in} | {$lang.register}

Looks like the is a nofollow but only after the else statement.

If you go back along that line to just before “class” and insert [color=#ff0000]rel=“nofollow”[/color]

I did this and now when I look at the source of the page I see the nofollow after the login url.

CAN A CODER PLEASE CONFIRM THIS PLEASE.

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1364319018' post='158752']

Here is my robots.txt, but I'm not sure it would fix your problem:

User-agent: *

Disallow: /images/thumbnails/

Disallow: /skins/

Disallow: /payments/

Disallow: /store_closed.html

Disallow: /core/

Disallow: /lib/

Disallow: /install/

Disallow: /js/

Disallow: /schemas/

[/quote]

The same is mine.

[quote name='kickoff3pm' timestamp='1364320967' post='158754']

If you go into the template editor and then to /basic/blocks

$return_current_url”|fn_url}{/if}” {if $settings.General.secure_auth != “Y”} rev=“login_block{$block.snapping_id}” class=“cm-dialog-opener cm-dialog-auto-size account”{else}rel=“nofollow” class=“account”{/if}>{$lang.sign_in} | {$lang.register}

If you go back along that line to just before “class” and insert [color=#ff0000]rel=“nofollow”[/color]

I did this and now when I look at the source of the page I see the nofollow after the login url.

[/quote]

Thanks but.please confirm someone.

Yes, you need to add a nofollow tag to those links - there are still more to fix though, depending on which version you are running because CS-Cart added 'nofollow' on various links and meta noindex on some pages at various intervals.

The autheticated pages had noindex applied as default in one of the V2 releases (can't remember exactly which off the top of my head). The nofollow and noindex fixes - although not the 'picker' fixes I previously posted in a thread - were included in V3.

Note if you have any login or register links elsewhere on your site (outwith using the my_account.tpl), you should also apply rel=“nofollow”

I have said this a few times in the past but I haven't said it in a while. If you have SEO addon enabled, add this to your robots.txt. This will cure 99% of your indexing issues.

Disallow: /index.php

Tool, are you a Texas native? Whereabouts?

Oh and yes, I hate 404 Errors.

Yep, NW Houston just south of Tomball.

[quote name='kickoff3pm' timestamp='1364320967' post='158754']

If you go into the template editor and then to /basic/blocks

[/quote]

Here is my code, where to write that nofollow tag ?

{if $settings.General.secure_auth != “Y”}

$return_current_url”|fn_url}{/if}” {if $settings.General.secure_auth != “Y”} rev=“login_block{$block.snapping_id}” [color=#0000cd]rel=“nofollow” [/color] class=“cm-dialog-opener cm-dialog-auto-size account”{else}rel=“nofollow” class=“account”{/if}>{$lang.sign_in} | {$lang.register}

[quote name='kickoff3pm' timestamp='1364375841' post='158785']

$return_current_url”|fn_url}{/if}” {if $settings.General.secure_auth != “Y”} rev=“login_block{$block.snapping_id}” [color=#0000cd]rel=“nofollow” [/color] class=“cm-dialog-opener cm-dialog-auto-size account”{else}rel=“nofollow” class=“account”{/if}>{$lang.sign_in} | {$lang.register}

[/quote]

Thanks, now see what google shows the result.

[quote name=‘miracles’ timestamp=‘1364377692’ post=‘158788’]

Thanks, now see what google shows the result.

[/quote]

Try this site - enter a link to a product

[quote name=‘kickoff3pm’ timestamp=‘1364387392’ post=‘158804’]

Try this site - enter a link to a product

http://www.seoconsul…nk-checker.html

[/quote]

Google increase my not found url to 1334 :(

[quote name=‘miracles’ timestamp=‘1364530152’ post=‘158919’]

Google increase my not found url to 1334 :(

[/quote]

Make sure you continue to ignore what I said to do.

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1364531751' post='158921']

Make sure you continue to ignore what I said to do.

[/quote]

I already disallow index.php but nothing effect