Tons Of Bugs In New Upgrade

I have decided to stay away from the new upgrade at least for 3 months until cs-cart gets a handle on these bugs. I have 3 cs-cart sites. I managed to upgrade 1 site fine, I tried the other 2 sites, I lost files, pc crashed during upgrade and widgets were missing. From my experience, cs-cart needs to do a better job on removing bugs before releasing a new upgrade. They should test this in-house before releasing to the general public. I am waiting 2-3 months for them to sift through the tons and tons of bugs in the upgrade. I advise everyone here to put your upgrade on hold until cs-cart can report to us that all of the bugs have been fixed.

Patrick

They have gotten MUCH BETTER than they used to be. In addition to better in-house QA, they have started releasing Beta releases to folks before the final version.

As with almost all software (and especially considering the vast difference in merchant's use), it is almost impossible to catch every defect that exists. In addition, one person's defect is another person's enhancement.

Have you reported the defects you've found to the Bugtracker? You don't list anything specific here so it's not clear what type of problems you encountered.

I would never update a production site to a new release which is the first release in the branch (.0 or .1). That is just begging for problems. Especially one that has undergone as much change as the admin interface has for this release. All things considered, it seems to have beat my expectations of quality for a .1 release from what I've observed being reported as problems. However, I've seen a few things come up that I would want fixed before upgrading a production site.

Well, I sure am glad I am not dealing with all of this early upgrade stress… B)

I am sitting here with my feet up on the desk sipping on a Margarita while browsing through all of the early adopter posts for 2.2.1, as they uncover the hidden quirks for me (not sure what I would do without you guys, you are my heros)! :rolleyes:

Even while sipping on Margaritas, I still seem to have settled on a conclusion that it probably ain’t safe to upgrade a production site yet…

Sincerely

[quote name=‘Struck’ timestamp=‘1310429599’ post=‘116939’]

Well, I sure am glad I am not dealing with all of this early upgrade stress… B)

I am sitting here with my feet up on the desk sipping on a Margarita while browsing through all of the early adopter posts for 2.2.1, as they uncover the hidden quirks for me (not sure what I would do without you guys, you are my heros)! :rolleyes:

Sincerely

[/quote]

Jackass, why tell them for?

We need more of them not less! :D

Well, OK, seems to be a valid point! :D

I will say, however, there does appear to be alot of active “Worker Bees” helping us out in the background right now!

Seth,

I couldn't even get to the bugs before my pc crashed with 2 of the sites upgrading with a flow of line error messages. I have been using cs-cart for about 5 years. I am just saying WAIT…a few months. Cs-cart needs time to clean up the mess they created. All that comes out of early upgrades is STRESS. drink your margarita, I'm having mine with salt.

Patrick