TinyMCE Styles

Nice to see the wysiwyg editor on as a default. I would like to change the styles used in the body of the editor. For one thing, I can barely read the light grey text (eyes are not 100% anymore). Ideally, it would be nice to have the editor mirror the styles used on the customer skin. Anybody know where to find the styles used?

[quote name='home@abitofhome.ca' timestamp='1310745869' post='117399']

Nice to see the wysiwyg editor on as a default. I would like to change the styles used in the body of the editor. For one thing, I can barely read the light grey text (eyes are not 100% anymore). Ideally, it would be nice to have the editor mirror the styles used on the customer skin. Anybody know where to find the styles used?

[/quote]

OK, so far as I have been able to figure out, the styles in the wysiwyg editors are supposed to come from my skin/customer/styles.css file. Unfortunately, all I see is a very light grey coloured text in the textarea and no formatting difference if I select paragraph, h1, h2, etc. Am I supposed to see the styles as they appear on the customer site or is what I am seeing normal (would not really be wysiwyg would it then).

Is everyone else seeing the wysiwyg fine?

[quote name='home@abitofhome.ca' timestamp='1311199596' post='117822']

OK, so far as I have been able to figure out, the styles in the wysiwyg editors are supposed to come from my skin/customer/styles.css file. Unfortunately, all I see is a very light grey coloured text in the textarea and no formatting difference if I select paragraph, h1, h2, etc. Am I supposed to see the styles as they appear on the customer site or is what I am seeing normal (would not really be wysiwyg would it then).

Is everyone else seeing the wysiwyg fine?

[/quote]

Fixed the problem. In the editor.js files I had to change where the styles.css file was (the default config could not find it for some reason) and also had to make sure it would look at the customer styles.css file that is in the my_changes folder.

Fantastic thread… This sorted out my problem too. I’ve got a black background and white text on my cart skin, which meant I couldn’t see anything on my wysiwyg editor. :D