tick the checkbox automatically for terms and conditions on checkout

Hi There,

Does anybody know how to tick the checkbox automatically for the terms and conditions on the checkout page. This way the costomer automatically agrees on the terms and conditions.

Sincerely,

Edwin

[quote name='Eduard' timestamp='1312990436' post='119276']

Hi There,

Does anybody know how to tick the checkbox automatically for the terms and conditions on the checkout page. This way the costomer automatically agrees on the terms and conditions.

Sincerely,

Edwin

[/quote]

[font=“Tahoma”]In

[/font]

[font=“Tahoma”]/skins//customer/views/checkout/components/steps[/font]

[font=“Tahoma”]Edit step_four.tpl on line 149. add checked=“yes” inside the input tag for the checkbox. So it looks like below:[/font]

[font=“Tahoma”]

Keep in mind this could open you up to legal issues in some states/countries though as the user is not consciously agreeing to your terms.

[/font]

Why would you require your customers to agree to your terms and conditions if you are just going to agree to them for them? Seems kind of pointless to me.

Brandon

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1312994188' post='119283']

Why would you require your customers to agree to your terms and conditions if you are just going to agree to them for them? Seems kind of pointless to me.

Brandon

[/quote]

Since the way the checkbox for terms and conditions is not very visible…and if the do not check only a red square is presented on the checkbox, it could potentially mean losing business. That's why. The terms and conditions should be presented in a better way. Now its on the left side and it needs to be very visible.

Edwin

I don't disagree with needing it more visible, but I do think you should still require your customers to manually click it, otherwise I just don't see the point.

One thing that is neat about the cart and how things like the terms and conditions work is that everything can be set and changed in the languages.

You can change the way the terms and conditions thing look and you can even make it a link to your terms and conditions.

Here is an example of what can be done:

1.) Create a page called terms.html and put it in your root directory

2.) In that page, put your terms and conditions. I chose to not really format mine much and just have a basic page. So I did something like:

```php

Saltwater To Go - Terms and Conditions

Saltwater To Go's Terms and Conditions

GENERAL

1) The following are the terms and conditions of sale for the goods specified on the face hereof unless the sale results from a written quotation in which case the terms and conditions appearing on our quotation form shall prevail.

```

Alternatively, you could just link to your normal terms and conditions page, but because of the size of the window, it won't display perfect. Obviously a guy could do something cool, but I'm just more basic.

3.) Go to Admin => Administration => Languages => Search for checkout_terms_n_conditions
4.) Change what is in there to:

```php Selecting this check box to accept the Terms and Conditions. ```

Of course you can change the color or window size of whatever, but this should give you an idea.

This will make it so that your Terms and Conditions stands out more and makes a link to your terms and conditions page. This link will open up a new window, kind of, and your customers will be able to read the terms.

This would be really awesome of it could be tied into the lightbox or something, but that is beyond my coding skills, sorry.

Hope it helps,

Brandon

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1313032077' post='119312']

I don't disagree with needing it more visible, but I do think you should still require your customers to manually click it, otherwise I just don't see the point.

One thing that is neat about the cart and how things like the terms and conditions work is that everything can be set and changed in the languages.

You can change the way the terms and conditions thing look and you can even make it a link to your terms and conditions.

Here is an example of what can be done:

1.) Create a page called terms.html and put it in your root directory

2.) In that page, put your terms and conditions. I chose to not really format mine much and just have a basic page. So I did something like:

```php

Saltwater To Go - Terms and Conditions

Saltwater To Go's Terms and Conditions

GENERAL

1) The following are the terms and conditions of sale for the goods specified on the face hereof unless the sale results from a written quotation in which case the terms and conditions appearing on our quotation form shall prevail.

```

Alternatively, you could just link to your normal terms and conditions page, but because of the size of the window, it won't display perfect. Obviously a guy could do something cool, but I'm just more basic.

3.) Go to Admin => Administration => Languages => Search for checkout_terms_n_conditions
4.) Change what is in there to:

```php Selecting this check box to accept the Terms and Conditions. ```

Of course you can change the color or window size of whatever, but this should give you an idea.

This will make it so that your Terms and Conditions stands out more and makes a link to your terms and conditions page. This link will open up a new window, kind of, and your customers will be able to read the terms.

This would be really awesome of it could be tied into the lightbox or something, but that is beyond my coding skills, sorry.

Hope it helps,

Brandon
[/quote]

I already implemented your suggestion. Maybe changing the color will do the trick, then I can leave the terms and conditions unchecked