Thumbnail Transparency

I’m using 3.0.2 Pro and I’m having some issues with trying to make my thumbnails have a transparent background. I removed the background setting and changed the thumbnail file format to .png, but for some reason the cart is still putting the image on a white background.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Brandon

Ok this is probably going to sound stupid but when you change the format of the picture to .png you did all so edited on photoshop or whatever program you use to cut out the white background of the pictures right!

I right click on the thumbnail to find its directory and then delete the thumbnail on the server. A new thumbnail is generated with the new background. Did it manually via FTP - clearing cache won't delete the thumbnails.

Well the whole point of the image transparency is so that when the cart creates the new images, the background is transparent, not white.

My detailed images don't have any white borders, so when they are resized, they should be transparent.

As for deleting the thumbnails, the easiest way is to just delete the whole folder. Sure, the cart has to re-create all of the images, but that is exactly what I want to do.

For some reason though, even when I delete the whole folder, the thumbnails that are created still have white background.

If I add a new image, then the background is transparent.

To go through my 4500+ products and replace the images just doesn't work for me, especially when the cart should rebuild them automatically.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Brandon

Settings->Thumbnail->Thumbnail background color (Leave empty for transparent background)

Well, that was the first thing I tried, but still no go.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Brandon

I would say it's a bug then.

You're right Brandon. I just switched to a black skin on one of my installs and I can't get the thumbnails to generate transparent either.

Same problem here in hotdeals

As a matter of fact I even tried to put colors in thumbnail setting and it all doesn't work. So it's a bug for sure.

I was able to apply the thumbnail background color to the thumbnails. But you have to delete the thumbnail images in the thumbnail directory for them to be recreated with the new background color.

I also set the image type to PNG prior to deleting the thumbnails in the event that the background of the thumbnail can actually be transparent some day.

[quote name=‘Magpie Don’ timestamp=‘1347752829’ post=‘145135’]

I was able to apply the thumbnail background color to the thumbnails. But you have to delete the thumbnail images in the thumbnail directory for them to be recreated with the new background color.

I also set the image type to PNG prior to deleting the thumbnails in the event that the background of the thumbnail can actually be transparent some day.

[/quote]

YES YES YES… I tried that and it worked… THANK YOOOOOOOOOU :-)

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1347752829' post='145135']

[/quote]

Hi there, can I ask you for another help I need?

I'm facing a problem removing the white box that's surrounding the submit button in the contact form. Any idea how I can do that?! (I inspected and did everything and it still doesn't change)!!

Please see check: http://www.etatdor.com/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=30

.form-wrap-default .buttons-container {background: #333;}

Set the color to whatever you like, but this is the style that controls the background of the buttons container on the Contact Us page.

Done, thanks