The upgrade package seems to be broken. Please try to download it again

Trying to upgrade from 2.0.15 to 2.1.0, the install process was taking too long so I just clicked on the browser X stop button and then tried again but now get the following message:

The upgrade package seems to be broken. Please try to download it again

I have tried to refresh the package but keep on getting the same error message… any ideas how to resolve this?

I am using the DSO php handler btw

Also I just noticed that in helpdesk.cs-cart.com of my account in the file area the package 2.1.0 does not exist, nt sure if that has anything to do with this…?

Thanks

I tried upgrading also last night from 15 to 1 and got this error message

Database error: Table ‘hiviscou_hbd776tev.TABLE_PREFIXsessions’ doesn’t exist (1146)

Invalid query: SELECT * FROM TABLE_PREFIXsessions WHERE session_id = ‘3246575ab7ec207fd31bf7fed7ee7c18’ AND area = ‘A’

Backtrace:

File: /home/hiviscou/public_html/core/fn.database.php

Line: 310

Function: db_error

Line: 102

Function: db_query

File: /home/hiviscou/public_html/core/class.session.php

Line: 44

Function: db_get_row

Line: 248

Function: read

Line: 319

Function: start

File: /home/hiviscou/public_html/init.php

Line: 111

Function: init

Then I couldnt access admin or site, tried to restore via c panel and manual but wouldnt restore, I had to get Martfox to do the restore so am now back to 15 and wondering wether to try again.??:frowning:

John

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]I tried upgrading also last night from 15 to 1 and got this error message

Database error: Table ‘hiviscou_hbd776tev.TABLE_PREFIXsessions’ doesn’t exist (1146)

Invalid query: SELECT * FROM TABLE_PREFIXsessions WHERE session_id = ‘3246575ab7ec207fd31bf7fed7ee7c18’ AND area = ‘A’

Backtrace:

Line: 310

Function: db_error

Line: 102

Function: db_query

Line: 44

Function: db_get_row

Line: 248

Function: read

Line: 319

Function: start

File: /home/hiviscou/public_html/init.php

Line: 111

Function: init

Then I couldnt access admin or site, tried to restore via c panel and manual but wouldnt restore, I had to get Martfox to do the restore so am now back to 15 and wondering wether to try again.??:frowning:

John[/quote]

That’s because cscart_sessions does not exist in your database.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]That’s because cscart_sessions does not exist in your database.[/QUOTE]

Well yippe, I know this … the point I was making was i couldnt get it sorted and someone else did. Naming just knowlege is not as good as giving knowledge without help Jesse, thats just like showing off!

JOhn

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]Well yippe, I know this … the point I was making was i couldnt get it sorted and someone else did. Naming just knowlege is not as good as giving knowledge without help Jesse, thats just like showing off!

JOhn[/quote]

Ahh… just create the table?

Not to be an ass, but if you knew what the problem was/is, why would you bother posting the error message, rather “how do I create cscart_sessions”?

Another point - I don’t give free advice because I feel like it, rather the individual(s) have earned it.

#1) If you don’t have the exact same db structure as 2.0.15 then you will not be able to upgrade to 2.1.x no matter what you do.

#2) Get a database diff completed so that you can see what you are missing before you venture further!

So I made the files in the var/upgrade folder 777 and then the upgrade worked but got stuck on a page where it was suppose to redirect back to admin

Now I cannot access admin and the front end is closed

Sorry Jesse I think my post came across too bolshy, the yippe part was supposed to have "now " at the end of it and it was meant to sound like I was happy that i new this now.

And as for the rest I didnt mean it to come across so cheeky, thouh reading it now it does. I have seen many posts from you helping others including myself so I apologise for coming across as ungrateful, (this isnt the case).Especially if It offended.

If it wasnt for the experienced people on the forum like you there wouldnt be a forum.

JOhn

[quote name=‘badmaash’]So I made the files in the var/upgrade folder 777 and then the upgrade worked but got stuck on a page where it was suppose to redirect back to admin

Now I cannot access admin and the front end is closed[/quote]

Rename the folder ‘upgrade’ to ‘old-upgrade’

Create a new folder called ‘upgrade’ in the same directory.

Change the permissions to what you require.

If you are running any type of permissions system that is not ‘DSO’ then you need to edit config.php and change the default permissions to what they need to be.

// Default permissions for newly created files and directories
define('DEFAULT_FILE_PERMISSIONS', [B]0644[/B]);
define('DEFAULT_DIR_PERMISSIONS', [B]0755[/B]);
suPHP = 755 / 644

DSO = Default (Don’t change it)

Run the upgrade again. This will take a long time typically since it makes a backup of all NON-CS-Cart files that exist in CS-Cart folders. Got 5GB of images? - It will copy that yes, 3 hours later it will finish.

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]Sorry Jesse I think my post came across too bolshy, the yippe part was supposed to have "now " at the end of it and it was meant to sound like I was happy that i new this now.

And as for the rest I didnt mean it to come across so cheeky, thouh reading it now it does. I have seen many posts from you helping others including myself so I apologise for coming across as ungrateful, (this isnt the case).Especially if It offended.

If it wasnt for the experienced people on the forum like you there wouldnt be a forum.

JOhn[/quote]

No problem John,

Left me both confused and quizzical to your post, understand you now.

J.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Rename the folder ‘upgrade’ to ‘old-upgrade’

Create a new folder called ‘upgrade’ in the same directory.

Change the permissions to what you require.

If you are running any type of permissions system that is not ‘DSO’ then you need to edit config.php and change the default permissions to what they need to be.

// Default permissions for newly created files and directories
define('DEFAULT_FILE_PERMISSIONS', [B]0644[/B]);
define('DEFAULT_DIR_PERMISSIONS', [B]0755[/B]);
suPHP = 755 / 644

DSO = Default (Don’t change it)

Run the upgrade again. This will take a long time typically since it makes a backup of all NON-CS-Cart files that exist in CS-Cart folders. Got 5GB of images? - It will copy that yes, 3 hours later it will finish.

No problem John,

Left me both confused and quizzical to your post, understand you now.

J.[/QUOTE]

Hi - thanks for info - but I cannot log into admin, admin is just a white screen and my shop is closed

cs-cart had a look and a couple of my files were off, they sotrted that out (this is not the case with my other cart so was for only this cart)

Also files, folder perms were wrong on var, images, skins, and this has been sorted and so is the cart

So now using 2.1.1 - looks good but gotta make the skin changes again