Taxes not being calculated

OK, so I have a weird problem that I can’t figure out.

I’m setting up a store in Canada on 3.0.1 Pro.

I have the taxes set up for the different territories, but for some reason they aren’t being calculated in the price. The tax is showing up, but not the actually amount.

Here is a screen shot:

[attachment=5355:tax-problem.jpg]

Here is how I have everything set up:

[attachment=5356:ontario-product.jpg]

[attachment=5357:ontario.jpg]

[attachment=5358:ontario-rate.jpg]

[attachment=5359:ontario-tax.jpg]

What am I missing? I’m sure it is something stupid. Well, or it is a bug.

Any ideas would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Brandon

tax-problem.jpg

ontario-product.jpg

ontario.jpg

ontario-rate.jpg

ontario-tax.jpg

The only thing I have done with 3.x is install it so I don't know much about it. However, in your second screenshot, why do you have so many different taxes/locations showing with checkboxes? That is where I would guess that the cart might me getting confused. In that particular setting I have only had one setting which is “tax” set up in my carts and the cart calculates the different taxes based on locations within the taxes settings.

Tool,

Well to be honest, this is how she already had this set up so I just went with it. I've always set up my taxes exactly like you.

So I went ahead and set up the taxes like normal, one tax covering all of the locations. Unfortunately the tax is still being displayed, but yet there is no dollar figure:

[attachment=5360:sales-tax.jpg]

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Brandon

sales-tax.jpg

Unfortunately that's all I had. If I were home I would look into it but I am in Hawaii for a few weeks right now.

Well that does sound tough. A few weeks? Man, that sounds nice right now. I could use some Hawaii time.

Hopefully someone else has some ideas. I think I'll put this in the bug tracker too.

Thanks,

Brandon

Do the products have tax attached?

Floris,

Yep, they sure do. I think that is why the tax is showing up, but I can't figure out why the math isn't being done and added into the total.

I'm going to set up a new install and test it there.

Thanks,

Brandon

Any updates on this issue? We are having exactly the same problem. Everything seems to be set up correctly, including the Location, Tax Rates, Product is taxable, etc. The tax always shows as zero.

This is a deal-breaker for us, we cannot roll out a website that does not calculate the taxes correctly.

Running CS-Cart Pro v3.0.1.

Further testing shows that the tax amount shows if the Tax Rate is set to Absolute, but not when it is set to Percent. Changing any tax rate to Percent displays a zero amount.

[quote name='tedblue' timestamp='1340819802' post='139510']

Any updates on this issue? We are having exactly the same problem. Everything seems to be set up correctly, including the Location, Tax Rates, Product is taxable, etc. The tax always shows as zero.

Running CS-Cart Pro v3.0.1.

Further testing shows that the tax amount shows if the Tax Rate is set to Absolute, but not when it is set to Percent. Changing any tax rate to Percent displays a zero amount.

[/quote]

I am seeing the same problem, when set to absolute it adds that amount, when set to percent it doesn't work. This is a major problem!

Jack

There's a fix posted in bug tracker:

http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-3287-tax-amount-shows-zero-for-percent-tax-rate-in-v301/page__gopid__12808#entry12808

Hi has anyone found a solution to this? The link above no longer works. I have 2 customers that need tax calculated by % and unless this is working it is no point selling it to them.