Taxes - Harder then I thought.

Hi I am trying to set up taxes. I need to set up 9.75 tax rate only for California in USA. I don’t need to collect or set tax rate on any other state or country…how do I do that?

I looked through the kb and it didn’t help at lot. BTW I am using CS-CART 2.12 I think…

You need to create a new “Location” under the Shipping & Taxes tab which contains only the state of CA. You will then assign your CA state sales tax percentage within this new location named California.

Thanks for the quick reply. So I created a new location called California and assigned 9.75 tax rate. Current locations I have are

Default destination (all countries) - with tax rate set to 0.00

California - with tax rate set to 9.75

Canada - with tax rate set to 0.00

United States - with tax rate set to 0.00

Now When I did the test with my product…during checkout it did not include any tax when I made the billing and shipping information in California…what am I doing wrong here?

Sweet. I figured it out. I had to enable taxes on the product as well.

Thanks for the help!

Ok, check the product details page for the product which you are testing with, make sure you have Taxes (Checked) on the product details page. You must set this for all products which you determine to be “taxable”. :wink:

[quote name=‘super9xman’]Sweet. I figured it out. I had to enable taxes on the product as well.

Thanks for the help![/QUOTE]

Now you tell me! Glad to see you are on your way! :smiley: