Suspect php file in root directory

hi, I have a file in the CS Cart root directory called; spm_20.php - the code in it is this;

IS this legit? I also have smart optimizer installed.

If I can recall correctly this is a file that CSC uses when they check your installation. Have they checked yours recently? Other than that, it is not part of the installation.

Hi, thanks for that. They did actually FTP into my site when we were first getting things going, perhaps thats what it is.

I've deleted it and will keep an eye on the account.

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1314626362' post='120566']

If I can recall correctly this is a file that CSC uses when they check your installation. Have they checked yours recently? Other than that, it is not part of the installation.

[/quote]

Hello Scott_C,

It is a special script that we use when investigating some problems in your store or applying some code modifications. It seems that it was left on your server by mistake. We apologize for this mistake and we have taken measures to prevent recurrence of similar errors in the future.

Also, as far as you can see, I have edited your first message and removed the code of this script file for security reasons.

Thank you for understanding and I am sorry for any inconvenience in this matter.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Hi Pavel, not a problem. Thank you for explaining this!

Kind regards,

Scott.

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1314694689' post='120625']

Hello Scott_C,

It is a special script that we use when investigating some problems in your store or applying some code modifications. It seems that it was left on your server by mistake. We apologize for this mistake and we have taken measures to prevent recurrence of similar errors in the future.

Also, as far as you can see, I have edited your first message and removed the code of this script file for security reasons.

Thank you for understanding and I am sorry for any inconvenience in this matter.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]