Surge In Customers Adding Extra Quantity To The Cart On Accident

So over the last few months I have had a terrible problem with customers adding extra items to their cart and not noticing until AFTER they have made payment. About 5% of customers are doing this so pretty much daily I start off by issuing partial refunds to customers. I just chalked it up to so many people order via their phone and not paying attention so it's just one of those new annoyances that comes with everyone using mobile these days to order. I don't think there is a way for the cart to just add extra quantities to the cart so I assume the customer is just doing it by accident (even though I even have my "add to cart - click only once" on the button). But what is driving me nuts is how they are just paying the amount during checkout and don't even seem to notice. I was just doing a mock checkout and noticed that when the customer goes to the checkout page, it automatically scrolls down to the log in part. This in turn lets them not see the up-sells at the top of the page and more importantly not see there order total or even what is on their cart on the right hand side (if on a PC). Any idea why it does that? I don't remember this auto-scroll in the past.

Or on another note, is there an easy way to add "Amount You Will Be Charged = $XX.XX" next to the "Submit My Order" button? Surely that will get some people's attention to if they are going to be paying more than expected. Open to suggestions.

Any idea why it does that? I don't remember this auto-scroll in the past.

js/tygh/checkout.js

Try to comment out the following line of code and clear cache

$.scrollToElm(elm);

Or on another note, is there an easy way to add "Amount You Will Be Charged = $XX.XX" next to the "Submit My Order" button? Surely that will get some people's attention to if they are going to be paying more than expected. Open to suggestions.

You can add this notice to the following file

/design/themes/THEME/templates/views/checkout/components/steps/step_four.tpl