Support Credits

Hi,

I just would like to know if any one has any problems with the support credits, I just submitted 2 bug issues with the new update which both had coding errors in both bug reports.

CS Cart corrected the problem then they moved the bug reports to support area and debited 15 credits.

Is this normal practice or is the way to use up all your credits so you are forced to buy more.

When this happened I was so p@#$% what they did, I was in the process of buying the multi Vendors ($925USD) and I have stopped the purchase.

I emailed and complained about the way they have the support system and how they determined what is a bug issue or not.

Is there there anyone else to complain about or am I wasting my time with the matter.

This whole credit system needs to be reviewed and offered 12 months after a purchase or similar.

Any feed back would be appreciated.

thanks

[quote name=‘crossfire’]Hi,

I just would like to know if any one has any problems with the support credits, I just submitted 2 bug issues with the new update which both had coding errors in both bug reports.

CS Cart corrected the problem then they moved the bug reports to support area and debited 15 credits.

Is this normal practice or is the way to use up all your credits so you are forced to buy more.

[/quote]

Sounds like you answered your own question, however I beleive their theory behind this situation is that if your not willing to wait for them (CS) to eventually fix the bugs and you want them fixed now then you have to pay to get them fixed.

All bugs should be reported through the bug tracker - Sno

Yep, this is their normal, annoying practice. When I have an issue now I just don’t click or unclick the…

"I agree with your ticket cost estimation “What is it?”

…then if they want to charge me they have to tell me before they do so. It has got to be one of the most crooked methods I have ever seen on support to have to unclick or if you don’t understand their strange way of doing things.

BTW, people should NOT have to pay to fix “bugs”. If I have a product that I sell and it does not work as it was designed to then I have to fix it or replace it. Likewise, if software does not work as designed or it is a bug then they should fix it and they should not charge.

So What you are saying is that any issues with the shopping cart we need submit the bug through Bug tracker then wait until CS cart fix or might fix it while my customers to

straggle to use the cart, get frustrated loss the sale.

Not bad treatment after you pay money for an item then pay again to get it fixed, I wish I can do that to my customers.

But then again I don’t live in Russia either.

I think I will spend my money else where than risk $925UD and pay for any fixes

I agree this is a very crooked way to run a business

I have never been charged for a reported bug through the helpdesk.

That being said, some things I report as bugs come back as “working as designed” with a code segment to change if I want the behavior I expect. Then there are support credits deducted.

If it is truly a defect then you should NOT be charged credits for reporting it or receiving the solution before the next release.

I would push back on the practice if that’s truly what they are doing to you.

Note also that when they fix something reported through the bugtracker, many times they publish the changes too. This is the correct way to deal with defects.

[quote name=‘crossfire’]Hi,

When this happened I was so p@#$% what they did, I was in the process of buying the multi Vendors ($925USD) and I have stopped the purchase.

I emailed and complained about the way they have the support system and how they determined what is a bug issue or not.

Is there there anyone else to complain about or am I wasting my time with the matter.

This whole credit system needs to be reviewed and offered 12 months after a purchase or similar.

Any feed back would be appreciated.

thanks[/QUOTE]

Dear crossfire,

I will investigate the situation on monday. If the issues you’ve reported were admited as bugs we will defenetly return the support credits.

[quote name=‘imac’]Dear crossfire,

I will investigate the situation on monday. If the issues you’ve reported were admited as bugs we will defenetly return the support credits.[/quote]

Thanks but I doubt the matter will change and like the french language credits, lost again.

All I can say the matter for support credit need to be addressed.

We are really sorry to hear that you are disappointed with this situation. The problem that you posted to our Help Desk system does not turn out to be caused by a bug in the standard CS-Cart. It is a standard CS-Cart functionality that the captcha section disappears when the “Do not use verification after first valid answer” is enabled. 5 technical support credits were subtracted form Help Desk account long as your request is related to class 1 (Explanation of setting up some standard CS-Cart functionality).

I can recommend you purchase a technical support period next time to avoid such problems in the future.

Thank you for understanding.

[quote name=‘glukkkk’]We are really sorry to hear that you are disappointed with this situation. The problem that you posted to our Help Desk system does not turn out to be caused by a bug in the standard CS-Cart. It is a standard CS-Cart functionality that the captcha section disappears when the “Do not use verification after first valid answer” is enabled. 5 technical support credits were subtracted form Help Desk account long as your request is related to class 1 (Explanation of setting up some standard CS-Cart functionality).

I can recommend you purchase a technical support period next time to avoid such problems in the future.

Thank you for understanding.[/quote]

No the problem was when the user entered the CAPTCHA code in the poll section it always returned a “Miss match error” regardless when the user typed it in correctly, that was the problem.

I am not prepared to to spend any more money with CS Cart