Supplier Problem-Duplicate supplier

Hello,

I have three suppliers (User>Suppliers). However, when setting up a product, there are 4 suppliers in the dropdown, one duplicate. I renamed the duplicate Supplier by appending the name with a -1 so I can tell which is the duplicate.

How do I remove the duplicate supplier? I assume I have to do something in the data base. I have never done anything with the database before.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob me again…

Be very careful deleting a Supplier.

I deleted a supplier last week and all the products assigned to it we also deleted.

Backup first.

Ensure that no products are assigned to that Supplier name. Yes, I understand its a duplicate, but I’d hate you to lose any products.

Good luck mate :slight_smile:

customfx,

Yes, I remember a post about deleting suppliers also deletes associated products.

I renamed the duplicate supplier-1 and assigned reassigned all the others with the same supplier name to this one. I need to delete from the database the original and then rename the supplier “supplier-1” to just “supplier”. I just don’t know how to delete the original from the database. The current supplier ID’s are 6,7,8, so I assume the one I want to delete has an ID between 1-5.

Thanks,

Bob

[quote name=‘pbannette’]customfx,

Yes, I remember a post about deleting suppliers also deletes associated products.

I renamed the duplicate supplier-1 and assigned reassigned all the others with the same supplier name to this one. I need to delete from the database the original and then rename the supplier “supplier-1” to just “supplier”. I just don’t know how to delete the original from the database. The current supplier ID’s are 6,7,8, so I assume the one I want to delete has an ID between 1-5.

Thanks,

Bob[/QUOTE]

Hi Bob

if you have renamed the supplier and it has the products showing, why don’t you just filter by that supplier and then edit all the products and change the supplier back to the original?

No need to use DB then.

Barry,

If I rename the supplier, then I have duplicates and won’t know which is which.

I attached two images that will explain it.

One is the supplier drop-down list which shows the duplicate ( I appended one with a -1) and the other image is the active user-Suppliers. (I removed the email addresses)

Bob

User-Supplier_Page.jpg

Product_Detail_Page.jpg

Hi

Maybe I am not quite understanding…

You have…

Supplier

Supplier-1

Supplier has products 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc

Supplier-1 has products 7,8,9 etc

If this is the case what I am saying is filter supplier-1 and update “Supplier field” to supplier.

Then if you search on supplier products 1,2…7,8,9 will all be there, you can then disable supplier-1 without losing products or entering your DB.

Me maybe confused :confused: :oops:

Barry,

The name of the company is Personalized by Annette. When I was assigning suppliers to products, I had Personalized by Annette twice in the drop-down. I did not realize this and assigned some products to the first Personalized by Annette and then some to the second personalized by Annette. Also, in the shipping methods, there is a drop down for supplier and this drop down also had two Personalized by Annette suppliers. I added the “-1” to the supplier name in User>Suppliers in order to figure out which products had which Personalized by Annette. I change the products that were assigned Personalized by Annette to Personalized by Annette-1, which matches the suppler that is in User> Supplier.

I want to eventually remove the “-1” from Personalized by Annette, but if I do this without removing the legacy one from the database, then I end up again with duplicate suppliers in both the Product Detail Page and in the shipping methods.

I am noticing some other things. I did not always use suppliers, so I have some products, in Catalog>Products that after the Product name have (supplier Name). And some do not (older products). Not sure what cs-cart uses for shipping in this case.

I am currently assigning a supplier to all products that don’t appear to have one assigned yet and see if this does anything.

Thanks,

Bob