Suddenly receiving emails from Paypal

Hello all

I've had Paypal payments set up for several years now but all of a sudden they have started to send me the following email:

Dear _ _ _ _ _ _ ,

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). Instant Payment Notifications sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

https://secure.MY-WEBSITE.co.uk/admin.php?target=orders

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

I have replaced my site with the words MY-WEBSITE for this post.

I have changed the return URL to simply my home page URL, but I keep getting these emails every morning.

Would anyone know what might be causing this problem and how I might be able to correct it or what the correct return URL should be? It seems to be happening after my recent upgrade to the latest version of CS-Cart?!

Many thanks,

Doddles

I believe that that field should be left blank but regardless, the link you posted is non existent. It was used back in the 1.3.x days.

Thanks, I think I might leave it blank now, just to see if the problem persists.

The weird thing is that the link they're saying I have set as my return URL is one I have never set. I am also still getting the emails despite changing the link to my home page URL.

Maybe an update caused the return URL to be set??

The only problem I have now is that if I don't set a return URL, my customers won't get redirected back to my site and apparently I won't recieve payment data transfer.

Is this right and is this the way Paypal has always worked with CS-Cart? I'm a bit confused now!

[quote name='doddles' timestamp='1322605902' post='126964']

The only problem I have now is that if I don't set a return URL, my customers won't get redirected back to my site and apparently I won't recieve payment data transfer.

Is this right and is this the way Paypal has always worked with CS-Cart? I'm a bit confused now!

[/quote]

That is correct. I think it is more how CS-Cart has always worked with PayPal, not vise versa.

I think it may have caused problems in the past if you filled in the IPN but if it works with you without any problems, keep using it.

I must have always used an IPN in the past but it is only now suddenly causing problems.

The return URL I set in Paypal is not the return URL that customers are actually directed to. They are directed to the Order Landing Page.

What URL should my Order Landing Page be?

confused sigh

I'm not positive but it should be something like /index.php?dispatch=order_landing_page

Thanks again for your help.

I've decided to leave the return URL blank for now. I've tested it out and yes, it does mean that customers need to physically click on the return to merchant button from Paypal, but I don't think I have much choice as it stands.