strange activity in stats

Hi, ok for the past 2 weeks now I’ve noticed some odd, repeat behavior in my statistics. Every morning early, there are 3 visitors but all 3 have same IP address, which is a double (i.e. 12.34.567.123 \ 15.154.111.132). The pages visited daily are the same: 1st visitor is home page, 2nd is a promo item page, & 3rd is our contact page.

Everyday the 1st IP number is different, but the 2nd is always the same. Any ideas?

They’re using a proxy to visit your website.

Can’t answer why they visit or why they pick those pages. Perhaps it is a competitor checking up on you.

Are they robots, by chance? I get a google bot several times a day.

Just a thought.

Carol

Note that “12.34.567.123” isn’t an IP address. No “octet” can exceed 255 decimal. Hence 567 is not a valid 8bit decimal number. I’d don’t know cs-cart’s formatting of addresses but it could be that this is some form of a IPV6 address…

What does that mean? & I’m not sure if they’re robots - can’t tell. Still happening every day too, same pages.The 567 was a number I put in - I just made numbers up. But here’s an actual instance from today’s visit:

74.173.141.29 / 69.176.111.132

[quote name=‘Brennie369’]What does that mean? & I’m not sure if they’re robots - can’t tell. Still happening every day too, same pages.The 567 was a number I put in - I just made numbers up. But here’s an actual instance from today’s visit:

74.173.141.29 / 69.176.111.132[/QUOTE]

That is the host and proxy IP addresses.

So what does that mean? I originally posted this mid-December & it’s still happening daily, & it’s even added to pages so now they visit the same 5 pages every single day. Very strange!

Have you done a lookup on those IP addresses? Pleanty of tools available to identify where they are coming from.

I have, yes, but it doesn’t tell me who they are or why they’re visting daily & in these patterns. Here’s what my search revealed using Melissa Data:

IP in searches appears as: 75.88.52.234 / 207.38.101.5

The first one, 75., shows Harrison, AK USA. The 2nd shows Irvine, CA USA.

It would seem to be a corporate site with an office in Harrison and their Proxy server in Irvine.

234.52.88.75.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer h234.52.88.75.dynamic.ip.windstream.net

5.101.38.207.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer smedia-bigip.irv01.latisys.net

You could contact someone at the root domain for each of these if you suspect abuse. Latisys.net doesn’t respond and windstream.net seems to be an isp. So I’d contact windstream and complain to them.