Store Importer v3.03

Hi

I've a quick question about the store importer. What exactly does it import?

I assume it does the following:

Orders

user information

product information

Does it also do things like company info, top menu settings, block settings, content from pages, logos etc?

Cheers,

Toby

Answer from helpdesk:

All your store data from your old store system should be imported to the newest CS-Cart installation. For example, products, orders, users, blocks, images, logos, common settings and etc.

I also asked:

While I am developing the new v3 site I want to use some data and settings. Can I import my live store more than once? For example I would like to import the datas to use while I am rebuilding the css etc in the new store and then once I have finished developing the new store, import up to date data before going live with the new store. Will it simply over write the previous data?

They replied:

You can do this operation several times. But I highly recommend you make a full store database backup before performing this operation (if something goes wrong, you will be able to restore it) . For more information about how to make a store database backup, please refer to this article in our Knowledge base:

[url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Also please note that the .css files will not be imported from your store. Only your database information will be updated to the newest version.