"store import" taking forever!

I ran the “store import” feature last night to pull data from my 2.2.4 store for about 8 hours and the bar looks like it’s only 20% done as of this morning. I ran it until I got home today and it looks closer to 25% done. Most of the categories and products are there on the new cart, the product images for the most part are gone, and some other things are not there. Not a single page has imported. I know it still has 80% to go.

Is this something that normally takes days to complete? It’s running so slow.

Would be nice if you could export and import everything including pages and settings, etc. Seems like it would be quicker.

How big is your store - number of products, product options and product variants, orders, customers? What size is your database?

Unless your store is massive, it sounds like a limit is being reached somewhere if it's still going. Have you got any errors in your server error log? I recently migrated a store with around 800 products with between 10-20 options with 6 features on each product and the store import from 2.2.5 to 3.0.6 took no more than 10 minutes.

I also had the same problem with images - the paths do not change in the 2.2.X database or 3.0.X database, but the image files randomly do not seem to copy to the V3 install. I just copied the /images/ directory manually.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1362235923' post='156815']

How big is your store - number of products, product options and product variants, orders, customers? What size is your database?

Unless your store is massive, it sounds like a limit is being reached somewhere if it's still going. Have you got any errors in your server error log? I recently migrated a store with around 800 products with between 10-20 options with 6 features on each product and the store import from 2.2.5 to 3.0.6 took no more than 10 minutes.

I also had the same problem with images - the paths do not change in the 2.2.X database or 3.0.X database, but the image files randomly do not seem to copy to the V3 install. I just copied the /images/ directory manually.

[/quote]

Right now, I have 427 products. I know that is a lot. Still, it's been well over 24 hours since I posted my first message and it still is not at 30% done.

I wish there was a way where you could just import things like pages, categories, products but not orders or users. I don't mind starting over there.

Unless you have a very low spec server, maybe early '90s style, there's no way the store import should be taking that long with only 427 products.

Before calling in support, I'd take a database backup, then run a repair on your database. Then try the store import again. If it's still taking any more than half an hour, although it should realistically be less than 10 minutes given my experiences unless you have XXX,XXX customers and orders.

If it's still taking an age, that would suggest there is a problem with your configuration somewhere - either at server level or the CS-Cart software files or your stores data - best to call in CS-Cart Support in this instance.

Grant is right. There's no way this should be taking longer than about ten minutes…unless you have hundreds of thousands of customers and orders. Do you have custom add ons (ones that didn't come with the cart)?

Clear your statistics and logs before starting the import. Also truncate the table cscart_new_orders if you don't use Twigmo. This took me from about 2+ hours down to a couple of minutes.

I wrote CS-Cart. They are looking into it.

Very strange.

I had the same thing and CS-Cart told me the same as what tbirnseth said. Clear your statistics and logs and also to optimize your database before doing the import.

Worked fine after that.

[quote name='ckad79' timestamp='1362433090' post='156986']

I wrote CS-Cart. They are looking into it.

Very strange.

[/quote]

CS-Cart Helpdesk is very busy and they aren't much help. I keep getting one paragraph answers like, “I see that categories are there and so are some products”. I never said that nothing was importing, but that the import would not complete. Most of the products are missing (about 10% have transfered). It is just stuck at about 20% done! This makes no sense.

Does anybody know any experts that I could hire? I was really hoping it would not come to this but it has been nearly a week and I am getting nowhere. There is obviously a bug in play.

Did you do as Tony advised and clear the statistics and the logs before importing? I've done the V2.2.4/5 to V3 store import a few times now and not had any problems except from template issues.

I did what you guys recommended. I cleared the logs and statistics and optimized all the tables in the sql database for both the new cart and old cart I'm pulling from. I guess 10 minutes is a reasonable amount of time? It looks like it's going to take much longer but I'll keep and eye on it and let it go through the night.

Well, it took two tries but that worked!!!

Thanks guys!!! Seems like some of the pages cannot be found but I'll look into that now.