stop people to search similar image on web

Hi,

Hope to get satisfactory ans. this time.

I am working with vendor who provides products to lot many other online player with same photos.

Now whenever i upload my image any one can easily go to that image → Right click → Search Google for this image.

Now it shows so many other vendors who sells it at lower price.

Despite that I am using Image Zoom it allows ppl to right click on images and then search.

How to stop right click or in any condition stop people to search that image on google.

Even slight modification in image does not work and Google search same on other site… :(

(Disadvantages of GOOGLE)

So I dont want people to search my image on Google.

My robots.txt file is…

User-agent: *

Disallow: /images/thumbnails/

Disallow: /images/

Disallow: /app/

Disallow: /design/

Disallow: /js/

Disallow: /var/

Disallow: /store_closed.html

Hello drajpura!

Only those customers who have a special browser plug-in installed can search for similar images online. Do you think all customers use this plug-in? Not everyone. But some may use and they really will find the similar products.

What you can do is to disable the right-click on your images. It can be done with Javascript. Please, google for the information how to do it. But if Java Script is disabled in the browser of some customer, right-click will work.

In general, I think you shouldn't bother a lot because not everyone ever search for similar images.I've just asked 10 people in our office if they ever check for similar images when shopping online, no one actually does.

Best regards, Alt-team

Thank You very much Alt-team.

[quote name='Alt-team' timestamp='1386247156' post='172975']

Only those customers who have a special browser plug-in installed can search for similar images online. Do you think all customers use this plug-in? Not everyone. But some may use and they really will find the similar products.

[/quote]

As far as I know it's a standard feature for anyone using the latest Google Chrome as their browser. It's on all the PC's I maintain and we've never installed any plugins or extensions. They're vanilla installations.

There is nothing you can do. It's a standard function built into the latest version of the (Google) Chrome browser. It looks for tags, and removes the need to copy/paste the src URL into a Google search. How Google Images actually identifies the images is another matter - are the results calculated on-the-fly, or has this information (same images in results) already been calculated by using the image Google has crawled and indexed - who knows? You could try using robots.txt to block access to /images/ and subdirectories, but even then, I don't see the point. Image searches won't bring you much targeted traffic (ie. those looking for the product itself instead of just the image to steal) - but those website owners who are responsible, will provide at least some form of reference to your site for using the image.

If a customer has found a product on your site and feels the need to “search Google for this image” to look at your competitors selling the product, you surely have bigger problems anyway.

Hi Drajpura, Surely the bigger picture is that your business should be sound enough to compete in the market you are in, so as not to worry if others are cheaper, you should offer value , cost…blah blah. On the other hand people may find the image on another site, do a search and find you to buy from instead, I am sure your not THE most expensive for all your products,if so give up now.

2 way street though, as far as I see, even though I reckon sales wise its not even worth thinking about…we have google shopping for that so you dont need to worry.