Step by step way to make terms and condition and privacy policy

I need step by step directions on how to add a terms and condition and privacy policy page. I don’t really understand the directions in the helpdesk.

[quote name=‘heyheyhey’]I need step by step directions on how to add a terms and condition and privacy policy page. I don’t really understand the directions in the helpdesk.[/QUOTE]

ADMIN > Content > Pages > ADD PAGE, then write it!!! :slight_smile:

Oh wow! That was simple. Thank you. I don’t know why the FAQ of cs-cart was making it so hard with all the codes and stuff. Another question: how would I add the link to the privacy policy page to the bottom of the homepage?

[quote name=‘heyheyhey’]Oh wow! That was simple. Thank you. I don’t know why the FAQ of cs-cart was making it so hard with all the codes and stuff. Another question: how would I add the link to the privacy policy page to the bottom of the homepage?[/QUOTE]

Design > Quicklinks Adds to top and bottom of page

You have a couple of options.

You can use create a Quick Link to your privacy policy page - this will appear at both the top and bottom on the page.

You can modify /skins/YOURSKIN/customer/bottom.tpl. You can either modify the template directly (might be overwritten in an update) or use the ‘hook’ method (there is a hook at line 14). See this thread for more information on using the hook method:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=13515[/url]

Bob

Okay got that set to! Thanks

You know where it says copright Cs-cart. How can I do copyright “my site”?

Also how would I add a social networking icon to the site?

[quote name=‘jobosales’]You have a couple of options.

You can use create a Quick Link to your privacy policy page - this will appear at both the top and bottom on the page.

You can modify /skins/YOURSKIN/customer/bottom.tpl. You can either modify the template directly (might be overwritten in an update) or use the ‘hook’ method (there is a hook at line 14). See this thread for more information on using the hook method:

Bob[/QUOTE]

For future reference, how would I access the .tpl?

[quote name=‘jobosales’]You have a couple of options.

Bob[/QUOTE]

What Bob said! I only do simple! :oops:

[quote name=‘heyheyhey’]Okay got that set to! Thanks

You know where it says copright Cs-cart. How can I do copyright “my site”?

Also how would I add a social networking icon to the site?[/QUOTE]

You change the company name in the Company tab of Administration->Settings.

You can add a social networking icon using the Banners feature or you could add it in the bottom.tpl file as above.

You use your favorite text editor to modify the TPLs and use an FTP clinet to upload your changes to your site.

Most of these questions have been asked and answered in the forums - please at least attempt to search for the answers. A lot of this stuff is also covered in the Knowledge Base (kb2.cs-cart.com)

Bob