speed?

I downloaded the demo to get a feel for the cart…it is slow right with zero change to the default skins…not super slow but slow enough it would annoy customers. I am not on a shared server. Any ideas? I hope this cart will work because the bells and whistles look great. I only sell downloads and need to be able to sell multiple files types still cant figure out if CS Cart has the ability out of the box…the speed thing is making me nervous

[quote name=‘carvemore’]I downloaded the demo to get a feel for the cart…it is slow right with zero change to the default skins…not super slow but slow enough it would annoy customers. I am not on a shared server. Any ideas? I hope this cart will work because the bells and whistles look great. I only sell downloads and need to be able to sell multiple files types still cant figure out if CS Cart has the ability out of the box…the speed thing is making me nervous[/QUOTE]

What kind of server is it running on then?

sorry…lol…yep shared…new so bear with me. I am assuming the server is not overloaded cause the other carts I have demo’d run fine speed wise…just looked at your site…runs fast and assuming your using CL CART…so…has to be in my setting right? I hope I can make this cart work cause it has some seriously nice bells and whistles for the price…do you know if it will do different download types? meaning customer can choose file type A or B…only can choose 1 and check out?

[quote name=‘carvemore’]do you know if it will do different download types? meaning customer can choose file type A or B…only can choose 1 and check out?[/quote]

I don’t think CS-Cart can by default but it wouldn’t take much to make a small modification to work the way you need it - Sno

What’s the processsor and how much ram do you have?

MAny Threads on here about gzip and smart optimizer, even with many options on my site I have 7000 products each with 3 or 4 different options, I get decent 2-3 second loads every time.

Semi Vps

John

The gzip compression and the ‘smart optimizer’ add-on reduce the time of loading pages, but they do not reduce the time of generating pages on the server

In future version 2.1.3 we made the changes that should increase the speed of generating pages.

Kind Regards.