Social Bookmarks

Many thanks Matt for your help :slight_smile:

Could somebody test this format for twitter:

add_tool('twitter', 'Twitter', 'http://twitter.com/timeline/home/?status=Currently viewing ' + title + ' ' + url);

I don’t use it but it seems everybody else does. The code takes me to a login page, but since I don’t have an account I can’t test it. Anybody tweet?

[quote name=‘Shawn S’]Could somebody test this format for twitter:

add_tool('twitter', 'Twitter', 'http://twitter.com/timeline/home/?status=Currently viewing ' + title + ' ' + url);

I don’t use it but it seems everybody else does. The code takes me to a login page, but since I don’t have an account I can’t test it. Anybody tweet?[/QUOTE]

Hi .its say the page dose not exist.

Hi all. I have 2 questions:

1: How to i make a space between the small icons, its to close

2- How do i create a new link like My space and such is there like a tutorial somewhere or…someone know how to?

i tried to look also for how do i know what name to give the new icon…png where can i see in the script anything that say how to name it?

thanks

Does anyone know how to make these buttons a nofollow link? I tried to add rel=“nofollow” after

href="’ + url + '

but they are still showing up as do follow links.

TIA

A better solution to this (IMHO) is to use the following free website:

[URL=“AddThis Share Buttons - AddThis”]AddThis Share Buttons - AddThis

Not only does it give you the bookmark/share button, but it appears to be fully functional with e-mail and print options as well. If there is a problem with using this, please explain as I do not see a downside. :smile:

This button can be seen on my website, www.rattlecake.com

[quote name=‘rattle5’]A better solution to this (IMHO) is to use the following free website:

[URL=“AddThis Share Buttons - AddThis”]AddThis Share Buttons - AddThis

Not only does it give you the bookmark/share button, but it appears to be fully functional with e-mail and print options as well. If there is a problem with using this, please explain as I do not see a downside. :smile:

This button can be seen on my website, www.rattlecake.com[/QUOTE]

I discovered the downside…you are depending on another website and their server to make all of the links work. The add to favorites and print buttons work no matter what, but if addthis.com goes down, none of the other links work. I guess if it was this easy, everyone would…

**UPDATE–since this post was added and I had the problem on the first day, I have not had a single problem with addthis. Try it if you like, but this is by far the best way to add social bookmarking to your site (IMHO).

[quote name=‘rattle5’]I discovered the downside…you are depending on another website and their server to make all of the links work. The add to favorites and print buttons work no matter what, but if addthis.com goes down, none of the other links work. I guess if it was this easy, everyone would…

**UPDATE–since this post was added and I had the problem on the first day, I have not had a single problem with addthis. Try it if you like, but this is by far the best way to add social bookmarking to your site (IMHO).[/QUOTE]

The problem with it is that you are leaking PR to a bunch of other websites.

[quote name=‘travis@blueheronbags.com’]Howdy!

I was trying to get this to work in the bottom.tpl file but can only get the text that shows up (no social.jpg file shows up). I checked all my path settings, etc, and was just curious if this only works with 1.3.4sp2 or if I should be able to get it working with 1.3.3…also AWESOME mod zardos!!! Thanks again!!!

Cheers,

Travis

:D[/QUOTE]

First of all, the templates in v2.x has changed to details_page.tpl.

Now I had the same problem with travis. It was because of the extra path in the following. It should read like this, no customer between $skin_dir and scripts.

Also, you need a little change in social.js as well.
From
var image_dir="/xxxxxxxxx/skins/new_vision_yellow/customer/images/social";
To
var image_dir="/skins/new_vision_yellow/customer/images/social";

This is a great mod. Thanks to the author.
Hope this help someone who has a headache with this little issue.

LeKristine.com

[quote name=‘gugga7’]Does anybody knows how to replace the website description that is transferred to the social bookmarking website to the product description instead?[/QUOTE]

Anybody?