Social Bookmarks

Any idea of how the Facebook “share” button could be included in this script? I’ve tried putting their supplied code into a .tpl file but it throws all sorts of smarty errors.

How brilliant is that… Love it… I managed it and I’m with stupid!!!

Also, how would you add facebook to the list as well?

ok, i got the script to work, but my images refuse to show up. I am at a loss, if anyone here can help with suggestions. running on localhost currently

Thanks,

sraza

is there a way to add a Facebook bookmark?

Ok here is for Facebook:

add_tool('facebook', 'facebook', 'http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=' + url + '&title=' + title);

And here is for Stumble Upon:

add_tool('stumbleupon', 'Stumble upon', 'http://www.stumbleupon.com/submit?url=' + url + '&title=' + title);

Does anybody knows how to replace the website description that is transferred to the social bookmarking website to the product description instead?

Excellent little mod. I’ve attached 16x16 icons for both Facebook and StumbleUpon. :stuck_out_tongue:

stumbleupon.png

facebook.png

Great mod :wink:

This is great. Thanks for posting the original files Zardos, and everyone else for the extra bits. I have put it on my product details pages, and hopefully somebody will think they are cool enough to bookmark.:cool:

I cannot open the zipped file. Did it get deleted?

Thanks,

Clips

Hi clips, try firefox, i my self only downloaded this the other day, and it unziped fine.

Thanks it works fine on my shop see demo here

[quote name=‘zardos’]Hi clips, try firefox, i my self only downloaded this the other day, and it unziped fine.[/QUOTE]

I was able to download the file with Firefox. Seems strange, but it worked.

I have also installed it on our site and it works awesome! Thanks for the nice mode.

You can view the mode on our site at http://www.newtsgames.com

Word to the wise - I would be sure to go through and rel=“nofollow” each of the social bookmarking icon links or else you’re going to end up with nearly 20 outgoing links on every single product page (or wherever you place the mod).

Installed this on 1.3.5SP3 and all working spot on, thanks to all for this contrib.

[quote name=‘pbradish’]Word to the wise - I would be sure to go through and rel=“nofollow” each of the social bookmarking icon links or else you’re going to end up with nearly 20 outgoing links on every single product page (or wherever you place the mod).[/QUOTE]

So in code like this:

[quote]add_tool(‘wists’, ‘Wists’, ‘Wists.com’ + url + ‘&title=’ + title);[/quote]

Where would I put the rel=“nofollow” ?

Ta

In “social.js”

[quote name=‘mdekok3000’]In “social.js”[/QUOTE]

Correct Matt, when I posted the bit of code, I meant to say it was in social.js.

I’m not sure exactly where to put the code. Do I put it in each bookmark line or is it just once in the file?

Cheers,

Greg

Well the file should have code that looks like this. Just insert the attribute like the part in red below:

function add_tool(icon, name, url) {
document.write('');
}