Smtp Server Sucks With Relaying Disallowed

Method: via SMTP server

SMTP host: smtp.zoho.com:465

SMTP username: xxx@xx.co.nz

SMTP password: xxxx

Use Encrypted Connection: SSL

Use SMTP Authentication: Yes

the email has been confirmed working well, but the cs.cart couldn't send any email out by receiving below error msg,

ErrorMessage could not be sent.
Mailer Error:

SMTP Error: data not accepted.

SMTP server error: DATA END command failed

Detail: Relaying disallowed as xxxxx Limited

SMTP code: 553@gtgroup.co.nz>

My guess is that you have an issue with the authentication credentials being used with zoho smtp. It then sees it as a relay request and denies it.

If you fix the authentication (look for leading/trailing white space) then it will work.

My guess is that you have an issue with the authentication credentials being used with zoho smtp. It then sees it as a relay request and denies it.

If you fix the authentication (look for leading/trailing white space) then it will work.

Hi there,

It was not from the white space, I tried to remove all from the settings and save, then type in username/password again manually, no copy/paste, no leading/tailing white space for sure. still same issue.

What I could find is, the error msg should be reported by Zoho's SMTP server, and zoho mentioned that was caused by the different sender email address with the username (email address). But I cannot understand why cs.cart didn't use the parameter I set in setting-emails to send the email out.

And the other thing, I couldn't find what did cs cart use as sender email address and what username it used. Could you please help to show me how to do that and I can find out if that was the root cause?

Thanks and Regards,

Bruce

cs-cart uses different setting email addresses based on the type of email. I.e. for orders, it uses orders_department email address as the 'From' address.

It will authenticate with the SMTP server with the credentials in the email settings. And then set the 'From' and 'Reply-To' fields based on the type of email from the company settings page.

cs-cart uses different setting email addresses based on the type of email. I.e. for orders, it uses orders_department email address as the 'From' address.

It will authenticate with the SMTP server with the credentials in the email settings. And then set the 'From' and 'Reply-To' fields based on the type of email from the company settings page.

Hi mate,

Thank you so much for the help on this, it was caused by the different setting between the "FROM/REPLY-to" settings in company page and different credential I set in EMAIL page, which we did want to use 2 different mailboxes, but anyway, we had changed them to a single one and it worked.

Regards,

Bruce

Hi mate,

Thank you so much for the help on this, it was caused by the different setting between the "FROM/REPLY-to" settings in company page and different credential I set in EMAIL page, which we did want to use 2 different mailboxes, but anyway, we had changed them to a single one and it worked.

Regards,

Bruce

Hi CS-GTG, I resolved the issue the same way you did. Thanks for that. However I really wish I could use different mail boxes from the same ZOHO mail account. I don't want to have to use my admin mail everywhere. Did you find a solution to use different mail accounts in CS-Cart company page without any issue?