Smarty Error: Someone PLEASE HELP

Here is my situation… I installed CS-Cart for the first time - I edited a couple of the TPL files in Dreamweaver, re-uploaded them, everything was fine… and then I went to admin.php and got the following error:

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: “index.tpl” in /home/content/j/m/s/jmsellztoyz/html/classes/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

So then a couple of the mods suggested deleting the database, deleting all the files on my web server and starting over fresh. So that’s what I did… NOTHING was left in my web server folder and I Just did a fresh install of the latest version…worked fine for the index, once again, but the admin page STILL will not come up. It should be noted that I did not install the page using the install manager that you guys offer because I got an error when doing that too. The manual installation through install.php went through just fine when I did it on my own, and I had NO PROBLEMS when I tried installing the TRIAL VERSION of the cart, but I have not successfully logged into the admin area of the paid version of the cart yet, not even once - due to this error that I cannot get rid of.

Can someone please help me with this? I just spent a lot of money on this program, this is very discouraging for this to happen within the first day. I have already tried searching for similar problems on this forum, and none of the advice given to anyone else applies to me and this situation.

Couple of things to be noted:

#1 Im using the “New Vision Blue” template

#2 I haven’t touched or modified ANY file since the fresh install of the cart

#3 I’m all new to this, but I do have a fair amount of knowledge of HTML, PHP and various programming languages

#4 Like I said the index.php works just fine, its just admin.php that gives the error.

Try it yourself: [url]http://www.discreetpalace.com/admin.php[/url]

SOMEONE HELP. PLEASE.

Thanks in advance

Jason

NOTE: If you’ve tried to click the link above and you get a file not found error, its because while waiting for you guys to reply, im trying yet another (3rd) fresh install.

Just completed 3rd install. Previously, in other installs, I didn’t chmod anything, which I thought might be why I was having a problem. However, after doing chmod on all of the items it said to do it for on the installation page, I get even more problems than before. Now, I cant even get to index.php. I get the following error on index.php:

Warning: main(/home/content/j/m/s/jmsellztoyz/html/classes/templater/Smarty.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/j/m/s/jmsellztoyz/html/classes/templater/templater.class.php on line 32

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required ‘/home/content/j/m/s/jmsellztoyz/html/classes/templater/Smarty.class.php’ (include_path=‘/home/content/j/m/s/jmsellztoyz/html/classes/pear:.:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/content/j/m/s/jmsellztoyz/html/classes/templater/templater.class.php on line 32

And on admin.php… i get the following error:

Warning: main(/home/content/j/m/s/jmsellztoyz/html/classes/templater/Smarty.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/j/m/s/jmsellztoyz/html/classes/templater/templater.class.php on line 32

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required ‘/home/content/j/m/s/jmsellztoyz/html/classes/templater/Smarty.class.php’ (include_path=‘/home/content/j/m/s/jmsellztoyz/html/classes/pear:.:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/content/j/m/s/jmsellztoyz/html/classes/templater/templater.class.php on line 32

I am getting ready to ask for a refund. I followed all of your directions.

I had no problems installing the trial version of the software. Why cant the PAY VERSION be just as easy?

[url]http://www.discreetpalace.com/images/[/url]

I can’t get a directory listing…

[url]http://www.discreetpalace.com/COPYRIGHT[/url]

[url]http://www.discreetpalace.com/images/[/url]

[url]http://www.discreetpalace.com/index.php[/url]

NOTHING EXISTS from the web front (I’m not shouting just emphasis)

hence there would seem to be a major problem with your webhost and or permission settings. Did you get as far as installing?

I should mention that it would be required to fully uninstall the demo version, database inclusive prior to installing a new (paid) copy of cscart.

It would be worth your time to clear the .htaccess file in your host root (The directory prior to /public_html/) and remove the .htaccess file there also.

All in all, try to upload a single html file and see if it’s available,

I’ve tried .php, .tpl, .txt and html to no avail.

I was able to fully install the default blue template for CS-Cart with no problems at all. However, “new vision blue” gives me that error no matter what I do.

Check the .htaccess file for that skin also, if theres anything as much as a typo you will get a server misconfig error.

Using what specific templates. Admin =, Customer=

There should be no issues with you accessing the backend as it’s ‘defaults’ to default_blue… hence the apparent confusion,

Hi All

I have exactly the same problem - the install ended like this …

Creating directory skins/default_blue/admin/js_menu...
Creating directory skins/default_blue/partner...
Creating directory skins/default_blue/partner/images...

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/content/s/a/m/samprini2/html/shop/core/db_mysql.php

on line 72

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/content/s/a/m/samprini2/html/shop/core/db_mysql.php

on line 76

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/content/s/a/m/samprini2/html/shop/core/db_mysql.php

on line 84

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/content/s/a/m/samprini2/html/shop/core/db_mysql.php

on line 158

Skin installation has been successfully done. Please click on "Next" button to continue

… the front end (customer) is there and works fine - I can muck around with the style sheet and it does reflect the changes. However when I try to call the admin interface I get …

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "index.tpl" in /home/content/s/a/m/samprini2/html/shop/classes/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

I took a look at what’s going on on line 1095 and it’s as follows …

if(!isset($name) && is_array($this->_config[0])) {
return $this->_config[0]['vars'];
} else if(isset($this->_config[0]['vars'][$name])) {
return $this->_config[0]['vars'][$name];
} else {
// var non-existant, return valid reference
$_tmp = null;
return $_tmp;
}
}

/**
* trigger Smarty error
* @param string $error_msg
* @param integer $error_type
*/
function trigger_error($error_msg, $error_type = E_USER_WARNING)
{
[COLOR="Red"][B](line 1095)[/B][/COLOR] trigger_error("Smarty error: $error_msg", $error_type);
}

/**
* executes & displays the template results
* @param string $resource_name
* @param string $cache_id
* @param string $compile_id
*/
function display($resource_name, $cache_id = null, $compile_id = null)

I have not done anything myself to cause this (absolutely nothing) and I have investigated further …

1. The demo works fine
  2. Last night I ‘borrowed’ an old copy of 1.3.3 and installed it - it worked fine and the admin came up as it should.
  3. Everything I have installed has had it’s own unique database - no sharing or over-writing.
  4. I completely removed the HTA files - made no difference at all.

I do think it’s curious that the same problem has hit 2 of us new users within days, yet it’s never happened before - I can’t help suspecting that there is something mising or corrupt or just plain wrong from the latest 1.3.4sp3 package - as I said above - earlier packages / demo works fine.

My site (such as it is) is here … www.ukavdirect.com/shop/index.php

So… I am stuck now and have no idea how to proceed - I don’t usually have any problems dealing wih scripts, but this has me baffled !

If anyone can help I would be extreemly grateful :smiley:

Thanks

Steve

Check your CHMOD permissions on /var/, /skins/, and /images/

They should be 777 with all containing folders and files set as 777 also.

It looks as though you’ve all got the same issue and neglected to look into permissions adequately. Regardless if you still can’t get it installed, PM me and I’ll get it installed for you.