Smartoptimizer Tip

Just a suggestion!

Anyone using Smartoptimizer in conjunction with CS-Cart should most likely disable it during major sight modifications, and especially during upgrades as it can cause problems/confusion while attempting to view your changes.

Reason is that Smartoptimizer provides additional caching on top of CS-Cart’s built in cache methods. So, even though you are clearing the cache within CS-Cart to see your refreshed pages, there are still cached files within Smartoptimizer which also needs to be continually cleared while making changes.

It should not be too difficult to see the confusion this can cause… :wink:

After your finished with the upgrades, then clear the cache in Smartoptimizer & re-enable it, the cache in Smartoptimizer will quickly re-build itself with the updated files.

Here is the link explaining Smartoptimizer to anyone not familiar with this:[url]http://farhadi.ir/works/smartoptimizer[/url]

Great Tip. How to you turn Smartoptimizer off? I had someone else install it for me.

Thanks,

Adam

Hello Adam,

There is a seperate config.php file located within the smartoptimizer folder.

Towards the bottom of this file just change the lines (approx. 3) referring to the cache settings from true to false, then set them back to true when finished making changes to your site.

[quote name=‘Struck’]Towards the bottom of this file just change the lines (approx. 3) referring to the cache settings from true to false, then set them back to true when finished making changes to your site.[/quote]

Not sure, because if I have a look on my css in Firebug all styles point to line #1, it’s typically if the smaroptimizer is “on”. I just make a copy of htaccess file and delete the smaroptimizer lines there, if I’m finished just put it back.

Hi Indy,

Well, removing the lines related to smartoptimizer from your .htaccess file will certainly stop it from functioning.

After setting the cache settings to False in the smartoptimizer config.php file, I think you will still need to clear the smartoptimizer cache folder before viewing in firebug because otherwise you may still be viewing cached files created before turning it off!

Ok I checked it closer. These 2 lines have to be set to false:

to avoid creating of cache files

[quote]//to set server-side cache On or Off

$settings[‘serverCache’] = true; //set it to false

[/quote]and to avoid runnig minifyier (doesn’t affect cache, but change client side css)

[quote]//use this to set Minifier On or Off

$settings[‘minify’] = true; //set it to false

[/quote]