Slow site, 19s to load/ "error_ occurred" pages/(Parsererror). Help Please

So the past week or so out website has been running very slow.

It just randomly started to appear.

Before this happened I had been having a file issue with our host and used the admin panel optimizing to clean up the server. It brought our 340,000 files down to 163,000.

Now the website takes roughly 15-20s for the admin panel or live store front to load any page.

Ive talked to our host multiple times and they cant see anything that is wrong.

I am on a dedicated server, upgraded host. The server I am on is larger, faster and only a few people on it.

My host has checked the MySQL and there wasn't anything wrong except for a cache folder taking up to much space. That was taken care of but I'm still having a slow site. Our customers are starting to get pissy about the slow site.

All the other sites on our host are running just fine. Main site is not.

www.harpermoto.com

Here is a link to a performance test.

[url=“http://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.harpermoto.com/a5nU32gJ”]http://gtmetrix.com/...to.com/a5nU32gJ[/url]

You could have saved yourself a lot of hassle just by searching the forum for your hosts company name. It almost took 1 minute for the 'Add to Cart' function to load the cart.

How is your shipping set up? Are you using UPS for real-time shipping costs? I would hazard a guess that your shipping is using real-time calculations, causing too much strain on the server. Simplexml (a server module) is used for these calculations and it eats memory and on anything but a dedicated server, that isn't a good thing. Note, you're not on a dedicated server, you're on a VPS at best. Their VPS are “limited” to “only” 300 users. Time to find yourself a new host.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1357675640' post='152421']

You could have saved yourself a lot of hassle just by searching the forum for your hosts company name. It almost took 1 minute for the 'Add to Cart' function to load the cart.

How is your shipping set up? Are you using UPS for real-time shipping costs? I would hazard a guess that your shipping is using real-time calculations, causing too much strain on the server. Simplexml (a server module) is used for these calculations and it eats memory and on anything but a dedicated server, that isn't a good thing. Note, you're not on a dedicated server, you're on a VPS at best. Their VPS are “limited” to “only” 300 users. Time to find yourself a new host.

[/quote]

we don't use real time shipping or any type of shipping ad-dons on the website.

I asked our host about the server and they said we are on a 32 cpu server with an avg load time of 68.28

Now I am getting (Parsererror)'s on almost every page of the website and also on some pages now I am getting just a blank white page with a “error_ occurred” in the top left corner of the page.

Hello,

The problem is from category tree

Please disable from blocks to see the difference

Well that defiantly did speed it up.

So do you think there's something corrupt in there or that I just have to much for the host to handle. Cause Im being told and it makes since now that there just may be to much for the host.

No, cs-cart has some issues with large categories, you need to do that dropdown menus static (pure html)

In the root of your store, open config.local.php - what method of caching are you using? If your hosting supports it (check in Administration > Database > PHP Information), use 'sqlite' instead of the default 'file'. I see you have already enabled CSS and Javascript caching.

Your categories list won't help matters if running on limited resources which seems to be the norm for your host.

WOW, finally got a straight answer out of host monster.

There exact words were " Your database isn't to big, it just has to many rows"

And they also told me that there was a performance issue with there server.

I've been asking for the past week about my database. If there was anything that could be causing this at all from my DB.

I have also have been asking if there was anything on there server that could be causing this issue.

Its funny that it takes a week to finally get a straight answer!

Now that I have finished venting…

My DB has roughly 700,000 rows.

Is there anyway I can take this down? I've already tried optimizing it through the host.

(Either way, I'm going to be switching host anyways)

My top highest Tables are:

[color=#ff0000][size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]cscart_new_orders: 235,050[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#ff0000][size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]cscart_stat_banners_log: 104,031[/font][/size][/color]

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#FF0000]cscart_seo_names[/color][color=#FF0000]:[/color][/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#ff0000] 47,253[/color][/font][/size]

[size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#FF0000][font=sans-serif]cscart_products_categories[/font][/color][color=#ff0000]: 37,918[/color][/font][/size]

You can truncate the cscart_new_orders unless you use Twigmo. It's a bug they fail to address and it is only used by Twigmo (that I can find). But it's never looked up and is not indexed so it's a pretty cheap table since it only have INSERTs done on it.

You should (maybe monthly) get in the habit of clearing your statistics and log tables. You do this through

Administration/Statistics - click the clear statistics link

and

Administration/Logs - click the clear logs link

That's a lot of SEO names for 2K products. You should review some to ensure they are valid

Again, if you have only 2K products, then you shouldn't have 37K of products_categories.

You do not have “too many rows”.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1357767702' post='152532']

You can truncate the cscart_new_orders unless you use Twigmo. It's a bug they fail to address and it is only used by Twigmo (that I can find). But it's never looked up and is not indexed so it's a pretty cheap table since it only have INSERTs done on it.

You should (maybe monthly) get in the habit of clearing your statistics and log tables. You do this through

Administration/Statistics - click the clear statistics link

and

Administration/Logs - click the clear logs link

That's a lot of SEO names for 2K products. You should review some to ensure they are valid

Again, if you have only 2K products, then you shouldn't have 37K of products_categories.

You do not have “too many rows”.

[/quote]

Well I don't use twigmo at all right now so can I prolly just clear out the whole new_orders table?

I can do that monthly. Clearing out the logs.

I dont have 2000 products. I have over 32,000 products

Let me get the count for that table again along with the products ones

[color=#008080][size=5]cscart_new_orders: 235,050[/size][/color]

[color=#008080][size=5]cscart_stat_banners_log: 104,031[/size][/color]

[color=#008080][size=5]cscart_seo_names: 47,260[/size][/color]

[color=#008080][size=5]cscart_products_categories: 37,918[/size][/color]

[color=#008080][size=5]cscart_images_links: 34,265[/size][/color]

[color=#008080][size=5]cscart_products_categories:37,918[/size][/color]

[color=#008080][size=5]cscart_product_descriptions:32,690[/size][/color]

[color=#008080][size=5]cscart_product_prices: 32,690[/size][/color]

[color=#008080][size=5]cscart_products: 32,690[/size][/color]

Not sure if there is an “admin panel” way to clear the banners log.

Update: if you go to settings in your banners area, there's a link to clear the statistics for banners.

Sorry, I thought you'd said 2K products.

You should NOT be on a shared server but a reasonably powered VPS to effectively serve your customers. But remember that the effectiveness of a VPS still becomes a function of how much the host loads up their servers.

Do you know what the store_sessions, _ekeys, and the _discussion tables are for exactly?

I emptied out some of the table and am down to 293,975 but still slow.

store_sessions allows a user to return to the store at a later date in a new browser session and restore their context to their previous state (cart contents).

ekeys is what's used to provide the customer keys to get downloaded items. You should not truncate this table.

No idea on the discussions table but assume it holds the discussion topics related to “conversations” in the store.

The discussions table stores reviews, communication and testimonials. Not wise to clear that out.

The seo names table should contain data from product URL's, category URL's, page URL's, extended filter URL's and custom defined URL's so in comparison with some of my stores, I think yours sounds about right.

Can't give any better advice than:

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1357770314' post='152540']

You should NOT be on a shared server but a reasonably powered VPS to effectively serve your customers. But remember that the effectiveness of a VPS still becomes a function of how much the host loads up their servers.

[/quote]

Read through the forum for web host recommendations, find a few CS-Cart users with positive comments on a host and then look at their VPS (or better) solutions within your budget. In saying that, you have to set a realistic budget, most people don't.

[quote name='Vali' timestamp='1357747121' post='152505']

No, cs-cart has some issues with large categories, you need to do that dropdown menus static (pure html)

[/quote]

You were right.

I changed how the drop down menu works with the categories on the front page and it has sped up alot!

Well back to this again. Started up yesterday. The site is now taking roughly 60 Seconds to load my website with only 568 KB of data.

Any idea?

hell harpersmoto ------i have been this issue for 6 month. all reason is sensable.

but cs-cart main issue is two.

1---------- if you put skin like unknown code(or bad code) like other country cheap makes problem to loading.

2--------- cache problem source has too complex to analys

but still main issue is cs-cart source.

let me explain

first cs-cart logic if you have 3000 cateroies and 10 lanauges

3000 * 10 = 30,000 db row. make server stress little. and takes long time.

so it must change cs-cart source. need to coustmize i working on it. with 6 programer for only this issue.

i have 3000 cateroies and 13 lanagueges ----------but i can not deleted lanaguges if i delete lanaguge? cs-cart is not global shopping mall.

look at easy compare of my site.

it's same server same condition

www.ayomall.com ------ultimate 3.0.5

http://dev.ayomall.com ------ multi vendor 3.0.5

same categories count

it's same server. take a look and compare speed

30K rows is nothing. Question would be why you have/need 3K categories.

Categories and products are well indexed and resolve quickly. Languages are only active one at a time and the description tables are all indexed by lang_code.

so my bet is your speed issues are not related to DB unless you also have lots of product features/filters in use which are not able to be indexed effectively since there are lots of combinations.

i really thanks for your reply tbirnseth. yes you are right. we have been tested 5 month for this issue. defintly has a lot of categories makes slower. we tested with initial cs-cart source 50 times.

basiclly cs-cart has difficulty to make cache on first loading. this is problem. if you reload will be fast. but there are sub source and tpl calls. so very hard to make cache page. cuz it is very complex to figure out. forexample) INDEX PAGE → OTHER PAGE → CALLS TPL ALWAYS → HAS OTHER SOUCE CONNECT.

that's why can not make cache page. but second loading makes cache system. so could faster.

we are still working on it been 3 weeks.