Slider Addon

This Slider addon is for version 2.1.1. I have not tested this with any other versions.

This addon allows you to create a html block that looks similar, but better, than the Hot Deals block. This addon makes it so that instead of just products you can actually have your own images that can be deals, sales, or whatever.

You can see a demo of the slider at [url]http://www.jandkonline.com/testsite[/url]

The demo has the images from the site where I got the idea. I’m not sure about the “rules” of the internet, but while the idea came from the site I had to modify the code a lot so that it would work with CS-Cart. If anyone has a problem with this please let me know.

There are instruction in the zip file. Hopefully the instructions are clear enough. If anyone has any problems please either post on here, pm me, or email me.

Hope you guys like it.

Brandon

slider.zip

Thank you for this addon. It works but I get javascript errors such as:

jQuery.runCart is not a function, jQuery.us is undefined and jQuery.loadAjaxLinks is not a function when I install and make this mod active. Those errors go away when I disable the mod. I get this issue in IE 7, Chrome 6.0.472.63, Safar 5.0.2 and FF 3.6.10

Thanks for catching that John, I didn’t even realize the error was there. The error was caused by the file:

var/skins_repository/base/customer/addons/slider/js/jquery.slider.js

Apparently this file isn’t really needed for this addon to work so I deleted the file and updated the attachment above. Now the addon works perfect with no errors that I’m aware of.

Brandon

Thanks for sharing this! Works as described.

Glen

Thanks again for the addon. You also have to remove the inclusion of this javascript from \var\skins_repository\base\customer\addons\slider\hooks\index\scripts.post.tpl

Good call John, I totally forgot about that. I removed the inclusion and updated the attachment.

If you already have the addon installed the inclusion being there or not shouldn’t make any difference on this addon working.

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]Good call John, I totally forgot about that. I removed the inclusion and updated the attachment.

If you already have the addon installed the inclusion being there or not shouldn’t make any difference on this addon working.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

I only found out because Smart Optimizer barked that the javascript was missing.

Brandon,

Any chance you could make the Slider work as a new “Appearance Type” for the Banners addon blocks? Seems like a natural fit, but I haven’t dug into myself.

Glen

Nice addon Brandon, thanks for sharing!

If I were you I would at least change the url links on your images for this mod in your demo store so that they do not point back to “that other site”. You could just point them to some other products on your demo site to make things a bit more discreet.

Wouldn’t want you to end up in internet prison, ya know! :cool:

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Glen,

I’d like to do this as more of an appearence type of addon. What I’d really like to do is set this up like the featured products with manual filling. Basically you could just pick the slider as your appearance and then browse to your images that are on your server or computer.

Unfortunately this level of coding is a little beyond me. I might try and mess with the addon a little more, but I really doubt I’ll be able to figure it out the way I really would like it to be.

Struck,

I updated the demo store, but I didn’t mess with the addon that is attached below.

The store sells some really pretty stuff and who knows, maybe someone that downloads this will check out their store and make a purchase.

I just hope Moka and the store owners aren’t friends since they are both in Maui. I’ll be in real trouble then since Moka can point them right to me.

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]I’d like to do this as more of an appearence type of addon. What I’d really like to do is set this up like the featured products with manual filling. [/QUOTE]

These guys have a slick slideshow addon that does what you describe:

[url]http://www.magictoolbox.com/magicslideshow/modules/cscart/[/url]

However that addon doesn’t work with manually specified images.

-Glen

Glen,

That is a nice looking slide show and it has a ton of options. I don’t know about you though, but I was able to install the addon, but I can’t figure out how to get it to work. Maybe it is designed for 2.0.x?

It would be cool to combine some of the features of that slider with my slider. One thing that I’d loose is the auto scroll. I already have a flash banner for my rotating images so I wanted something that had to be done manually.

I’m definitely going to check out that site more. It looks like they have a few other addons for CS-Cart. Maybe something will peak my interest.

Brandon

Brandon,

I’ve just posted my attempt at a Banners Slideshow Appearance. I tried to get the entire thing into a single addon install, but I couldn’t figure out how to add the 2nd appearance option to the Banners addon without requiring some manual file editing. Meanwhile, I see that Webgraphiq has released a very nice addon that does the same thing and more: [url]http://www.webgraphiq.com/cs-cart-jquery-slideshow-v2.html[/url]

regards,

Glen

[quote name=‘sixnin9’]I see that Webgraphiq has released a very nice addon that does the same thing and more: [URL]http://www.webgraphiq.com/cs-cart-jquery-slideshow-v2.html[/URL]

regards,

Glen[/quote]

I see that this happens quite routinely.