Skin Not Recognised By Skin Selector

Hi All,

Last week I upgraded my clients cart which still isn't live from Ultimate 3 RC3 to the official verion and now I cannot get the template to show up in the skin selector.

I have put the skin in the following directories as per tech supports suggestions but still it won't show up.

/skins/

/var/skin_reposatory/

/stores/1/skins/

/stores/2/skins/

Nothing is working, the skin selector will only show the basic skin. Any idea how I can get this to work? Even manaully assigning a skin to the cart would be better then nothing. We have been down for 5 days now so it's becoming a real issue. Support is in a different timezone to me so they don't response until after hours each time delaying the process dramatically.

Thanks

Best you contact support. NFI what could have changed between rc and release

[quote name='kogi' timestamp='1339976655' post='138882']

Best you contact support. NFI what could have changed between rc and release

[/quote]

Thanks, I have been in contact with support for the last 4 days but each thing they suggest hasn't worked and I haven't hear back again since my last post to them so was hoping someone on the forum might know what's going on.

What about manually assigning a template, how is this done? In a file somewhere or in the database? SOmething I can changed until the selector is fixed?

ONE thing to note is the template shows up in the template editor but not in the skin selector.

Given that cs-cart only provides a single skin with the V3 distribution (basic), I would suggest that you submit your issue to the bug-tracker so that the developers will get visibility of it. If the helpdesk can't resolve it for you (versus try this, try that) then I would detail out what you put where. I'm assuming you have a manifest.ini file that describes the skin to the system in the root of that skin (and repository) directory.

Any answer to this problem would be appreciated.

I have the exact same problem. I'm guessing not one download of ver3 has attempted to actually install a skin - and there are a couple of v3 skins out there for sale.

My mistake. The manifest.ini file had the wrong skin name in it. Came from the vendor with the name “Basic skin” in the manifest.ini file.

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1339994772' post='138892']

My mistake. The manifest.ini file had the wrong skin name in it. Came from the vendor with the name “Basic skin” in the manifest.ini file.

[/quote]

I double checked but this isn't my issue. I really hope support can get back to me with a solution. 5 days without the cart working makes for an unhappy client.

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1339994772' post='138892']

[/quote]

I'm curious, once you've installed the skin via the Skin Selector and go into the newly created custom skin in the /skins directory and look at the manifest does it keep the custom skin name name? Or is it now saying Basic Skin?

Yes, it now says “Basic skin” and the new skin is not working properly. The Templates directory is identified as "skins/basic/customer.

Sorry, it was late when I was working on this and I jumped the gun.

Thanks for the reply. It's doing that to me too but I wasn't sure if it was something I had set wrong on my end or not. The manifest is edited to reflect the new custom skin info - name, logo name and dimensions - but once installed using the skin selector when I check the manifest for the new skin in the /skins directory it has reverted back to the basic skin info.

I edited the manifest.ini file after the installation of the skin and it's working now. But it's still an error on installation of the skin.