Site hacked!

I had uploaded the cart to the domain and was working on things via the backend.

Hadn’t used it for months and found that when I next looked at the domain it was hacked!

Any idea what has happend and how best to resolve?

My passwords still seem to work?

Just to add. I have v1.3.5 from memory.

CS Cart files were uploaded by server host - Siteground

The hack is not a redirect - just a page saying “you were hacked by Cha11enger” (I have mispelt it on purpose).

with a link to $pydata.us (S not $)

[url]http://bismar.com/css/[/url]

Not my site but same hacker

I got hacked at Siteground too - not with them anymore!!!

more hacked by…

[url]"ChaLLenGer" "hacked" - Google'da Ara

Such hacks are usually a security hole in file permissions or weak passwords assigned by your host. Definitely a good idea to move to a new hosting company. Also, want to verify your file permissions are correct when FTPing to be doubly sure files can’t be overwritten via a HTTP PUSH.

A reply from the host:

"The hacked files were in the skins/ folder of your CS-Cart. I have archived the skins folder and removed the hacked one. The archive is called skins-hacked.tgz and you can find it in your account’s public_html folder.

I have placed a skins/ folder taken from a default CS-Cart installation. Thus your website is loading now, but is showing some warning messages.

There are also two other hacked files:

var/compiled/customer/%%72^72D^72DAF6E8%%main.tpl.php

var/compiled/customer/%%45^45E^45E480CD%%index.tpl.php

I can see that your CS-Cart shop is actually not developed yet. This is why my advice is to remove all files from your public_html folder and start with a fresh CS-Cart installation. "

Siteground have been absolute gems in dealing with all my enquiries. All tickets answered very quickly, night or day.

They have re-installed a new version of CS Cart for me as I didn’t have anything on the site worth salvaging.

Just want to make sure this doesn’t happen again,

I have set file permissions to:

666 for config.php

777 for images, catalog, var and skins.

Anything else I need to cover?

Good luke with siteground. :rolleyes:

[quote name=‘zardos’]Good luke with siteground. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

May the force be with you…

BOB’5

Just in case you don’t get the full message beyond both zardos and shockalotti’s responses. Siteground has been more or less cursed by the cs-cart forum :wink: So far I think I can count a dozen people who have left, had thier stores cancelled or otherwise been put out of business due to sitegrounds (dis)services. Personally I have never used siteground but without doubt a few other people will comment on their behalf

When I first looked into this last year SiteGround were one of the better servers around.

In terms of service, I have found the extremely helpful.

Only reason I would leave is if the site is still vulnerable due to SiteGround and not the cart itself.

Cheers,

Bob

[quote name=‘BOB’5’]Siteground have been absolute gems in dealing with all my enquiries. All tickets answered very quickly, night or day.

They have re-installed a new version of CS Cart for me as I didn’t have anything on the site worth salvaging.

Just want to make sure this doesn’t happen again,

I have set file permissions to:

666 for config.php

777 for images, catalog, var and skins.

Anything else I need to cover?[/QUOTE]

777 permissions for ur image folder is bad and your skins folder. Basically the hackers can do the same thing they did before withthose permissions. your giving them full access