Simplehelix hosting for the new cs-cart 2.0.8?

Anyone recommend http://simplehelix.com for hosting the new cs-cart shopping cart with a little over 150 products. My current hosting is saying I’m using too many resources and they have locked my site with a 404 error for (2) days. Will the $20 plan with simple helix offering 5gb SAS disk space and 50 gig data bandwidth do good? Thanks!

netstriver,

I just switched from my old shopping cart software to CS-Cart. I also switched hosts to CyberLNC. I think they are great. The site runs really fast and they understand how to set things up for CS-Cart.

Hope that helps.

Adam

How many products do you currently have? What Cs-cart version?

I tried Simplehelix with magento approx. 8 months ago at which time they were majorly struggling in what I believe was just “growing Pains” (of course it didn’t help that they were focusing 99% on magento which is a major resources hog).

They may be just fine now, I have no idea, I would just procede with caution…

Or, as many will attest to Cyberlnc is highly familiar with CS-Cart which can definitely be a plus!

My other recommendation would be Pair.com… Ok, I should not have done/said this…I am absolutely joking with you about Pair.com…ME BAD

(But I was absolutely serious about the rest of my post!) :slight_smile:

netstriver,

I haven’t launched my site yet. I have 16,000 products and I am on the latest version of CS-Cart 2.0.8.

It is running really fast compared to my old cart.

I was actually considering A2 Hosting, but I have done large hosts for the past 12 years and I am sick of them not caring about my shopping cart experience. Most of them just ping your site and say, “I could ping it, so it should be up.”

Just a quick example, CyberLNC emailed me the other day to let me know there was a problem with MySQL, but they were working on it.

I have never received that proactive messaging from a host.

Now, I should probably say, don’t use CyberLNC so they stay small and keep their small business/customer service mindset! :slight_smile:

Adam

struck,

I currently have tmd hosting as my host. I have two cs-cart sites with them. But one of my site’s runs on the 2.0.8 which I just recently upgraded from the 2.0.7

My hosting says I’ve been using too many resources with slow mysql queries therefore they lock the website with a 404 error. Although I have unlimited disk space and bandwidth they are forced to lock my website when this occurs. I haven’t had a problem with the old 1.3.5 sp3 version with over 1,000 products. But my other site on the 2.0 is.

Will simple helix solve the issue? I know they use a different memory type SAS? Apache + Litespeed?

Well, I will just tell you this… I had CS-Cart installed on a simplehelix server & tested for a couple weeks, and our site is not currently on simplehelix! I will just say I wasn’t satisfied with the reliability, consistency of speed, etc. So, I switched & am now running our site on a Dreamhost VPS. I am not to the point where I would jump up & down with happiness, nor do I feel so good about them that I would put their name in my signature! They are pretty good so far, thats how I currently rate them.

If i were you, based upon all you have mentioned, I believe I would give Cyberlnc a serious shot. My bet is that if you truly are having resource drain problems, that they could/would help you pinpoint & solve the problem.

I have 3 alternatives for you,

CyberLNC, CyberLNC.com and here is the last one.

Regards,

Joe

Everyone knows Snowrocket’s VPS hosting is the best :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘joe’]I have 3 alternatives for you,

CyberLNC, CyberLNC.com and here is the last one.

Regards,

Joe[/QUOTE]

Wow, I just clicked on the link.

And it took 15 seconds to respond and another 7 seconds to load.

hykit,

Can’t go by one click. Took me about 3 seconds to load that site. Too many variables involved to make any conclusions.

I had slowness to sites and it was a Verizon problem, I thought it was the site. I can try in an hour and it could be slow, but will never know the cause.

Bob

[quote name=‘netstriver’]struck,

I currently have tmd hosting as my host. I have two cs-cart sites with them. But one of my site’s runs on the 2.0.8 which I just recently upgraded from the 2.0.7

My hosting says I’ve been using too many resources with slow mysql queries therefore they lock the website with a 404 error. Although I have unlimited disk space and bandwidth they are forced to lock my website when this occurs. I haven’t had a problem with the old 1.3.5 sp3 version with over 1,000 products. But my other site on the 2.0 is.

Will simple helix solve the issue? I know they use a different memory type SAS? Apache + Litespeed?[/quote]

How come TMDHosting shut down your site just because of that kind of problem? That sounds really horrible.

I’d suggest cyberlnc hosting. I had my doubts at first but now i’m kicking myself in the butt for not switching over quicker. They have been great to work with! Cyberlnc offers a lot of bang for your dollar. They also seem to know a lot about CS-Cart which is a huge advantage.

CS-Cart Hosting

[quote name=‘joe’]How come TMDHosting shut down your site just because of that kind of problem? That sounds really horrible.[/QUOTE]

Yep, sounds horrible! That’s the same thing I said. They advertise they support Cs-cart, but as I experienced they don’t…at least not with the 2.0 version. They claim it takes too many resources. And, my point is that my site has a little over 150 products, that does not make any sense. Instead they bribe me to switch over to vps hosting which is $50/month and my site has yet to get ranked…it is still being worked on. I made my decision to switch over to CyberLNC, I’ve heard great things about them.

[quote name=‘netstriver’]Yep, sounds horrible! That’s the same thing I said. They advertise they support Cs-cart, but as I experienced they don’t…at least not with the 2.0 version. They claim it takes too many resources. And, my point is that my site has a little over 150 products, that does not make any sense. Instead they bribe me to switch over to vps hosting which is $50/month and my site has yet to get ranked…it is still being worked on. I made my decision to switch over to CyberLNC, I’ve heard great things about them.[/QUOTE]

Wise decision. I’m glad that you choose one of my 3 alternatives. Cheers.