Showing a product field on the front end store!

Hello everyone,

I have CS-Cart (PHP Shopping cart), On the admin panel under the product settings page, there are several of (Fields) such as:

Price Field:

Weight Field:

Quantity Field:

Price and Quantity fields are showing on the (Store front) so customers can see that on the product details order page.

How can i show the Weight field on the product order page for the customer along with the price and quantity that already showing?

Depends on which template or list_template you are using. It could be as simple as editing the main template and adding show_weight=true or it could be more complex… When you say “product order page”, are you talking about the checkout page or the product detail page? Many times posting the URL of what you're talking about will help.

I want to show it on this page and make it just like the price (inputted by the user):

[url=“http://dijlagate.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=1”]http://dijlagate.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=1[/url]

What file and line number i must change and how in details please?

Thanks.

Weight is not a field that would be recognized as an input field. It is set in the admin area only.

It is very uncommon for a merchant to want the user to specify the weight. If they get it wrong and cost of shipping comes up $50 short, who is going to pay the difference?

I want to use the cart for ordering system not for selling products.

[quote name='dawood.hana' timestamp='1325051893' post='128531']

I want to use the cart for ordering system not for selling products.

[/quote]

Then cant you just add it as an option but a text box for customer to enter weight like you have done for others?

John

Yes, i can, but customer will not be able to know how much he/she will be charged for the shipping!

I want it to be calculated during the checkout page.

[quote name='dawood.hana' timestamp='1325104845' post='128580']

Yes, i can, but customer will not be able to know how much he/she will be charged for the shipping!

I want it to be calculated during the checkout page.

[/quote]

When you create the option have the “question mark hover” show the weight charges table ( which you would create yourself 1 time as a jpeg or whatever) and also you can put the text prompt under telling customer to click ? for delivery charges

John