Show order summary on checkout.complete page automatically (w/o button)

Is there a way to show the full order details on the checkout.complete page without having to click a button? It seems like the customer should automatically land on a page that contains a summary of their order once they have completed checkout. Is it possible to send them there immediately w/o the need for the button?

Thank you,

Jennifer

[quote name=‘sweetdreamsdecor’ timestamp=‘1337705078’ post=‘137026’]

Is there a way to show the full order details on the checkout.complete page without having to click a button? It seems like the customer should automatically land on a page that contains a summary of their order once they have completed checkout. Is it possible to send them there immediately w/o the need for the button?

Thank you,

Jennifer

[/quote]

Hi Precious,

I believe this is what you are looking for:

Admin>Settings>General>Users/Cart>When the customer clicks on any Checkout button/link in the store, redirect to the Cart content page first (CHECKED) 8)

Hi Struck,

No, actually, I already have that setting checked. I am referring to the page that displays right after the customer has COMPLETED the checkout process. When they submit their order, they are taken to a page that tells them that their order has been received or something (can't remember the wording) but their order details are not shown. They have to click the View Order Details button to see their order number and a summary of their order. If possible, I would like to eliminate that step and just show the customer an order summary right after they review and submit the order.

Thanks,

Jennifer

I would also love to know the anser to this. By default is the Order # supposed to be displayed on the checkout.complete page? Order # isn't displayed on either of my cs-cart stores.

But dont customers review their order before they click “place order” anyway, i thought that was the point. Also dont forget that they get an email straight away with the order details on it too, as long as you have the send to customer ticked in order statuses.

John

LOL, I love this site… That was the behavior in 2.0. There were so many complaints about confusion of the customer with the “Reorder” button and getting multiple orders that the functionality was changed to only give the notification on complete and to require the customer to click a button to get to the orders.details page. At the same time (2.1), they removed the cart from the checkout page and then added it back in 2.2… So now we've come full circle again.

Admittedly, there should be an option for whether to show the details page on completion or not.

You could probably make a change in controllers/customer/checkout.php on about like 588 and change the line:

$_suffix = '.complete?order_id=' . $_REQUEST['order_id'];

to

return array(CONTROLLER_STATUS_OK, "orders.details&order_id=".$_REQUEST['order_id]."&confirmation=Y);

But note that this will probably break any notifications or conversion tracking since those hooks were moved to the 'complete' mode of 'checkout'.