Shippings costs are not recalculated on checkout page. Bug?

I have several shipping methods. The customer can select a shipping method on the checkout page. (or in the cart)

When opening the checkout page, one shipping method is already selected before the customer has selected one.

If the customer selects a different shipping method, then the price of the shipping on the right of the page does not change. The order total also does not change. Thereby it displays an erroneous order total.

When the customer continues to the billing options, then the correct shipping costs and order total displays.

Is there a way to let the shipping costs be updated on the shipment options section, when the customer change the shipment option?

If not, then this seems a bug to me, because it displays an erroneous shipping cost and an erroneous order total on the shipment options section.

Hello P-Pharma,

Thank you for your message.

This feature is not considered as a bug, this is how default CS-Cart works. The logic is that you should apply a selected shipping method on the checkout page, only then shipping cost and order total will be changed in the block. Otherwise, they will remain the same as long as you only switch between shipping methods and do not apply the selected one.

I hope it makes sense.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1359618754' post='154092']Otherwise, they will remain the same as long as you only switch between shipping methods and do not apply the selected one.

[/quote]

Hi Pavel, I do not understand what you mean with the above sentence.

Please see this screenshot.

[attachment=6420:1465077.png]

The displayed shipping cost and the displayed order total are wrong.

1465077.png

He means you have to click next (and thus apply the shipping method (go the next step). Then the shipping costs will update.

I see. Yes, the shipping costs and order total are updated on the next page.

But the customer sees wrong shipping costs and wrong order total on this page.

The customer may abort the order, because the shipping costs and order total price are wrong. This function not working well can cause a loss of orders.

The shipping costs and order total should by instantly updated if the shipping method is changed.

For example: the payment section does do this correctly. If you select a payment method which has a surcharge, then the order total is instantly updated and displays the correct price. The shipping costs section should do the same.

Agree.