Shipping states bug?

I have created an location (United Kingdom) so I can set up an shipping option. I have added all the available states into the left hand box from the available entries for only united kingdom. The problem I see is that other states are also available such as Australia, Canada, Switzerland etc… which should not be available if I have only added UK as the country. Is this a bug? Also I have no states available for many other countries like Belgium etc. This would be a problem if a sellers need to ship to serveral countries. Please help?

[quote name=‘San’]I have created an location (United Kingdom) so I can set up an shipping option. I have added all the available states into the left hand box from the available entries for only united kingdom. The problem I see is that other states are also available such as Australia, Canada, Switzerland etc… which should not be available if I have only added UK as the country. Is this a bug? Also I have no states available for many other countries like Belgium etc. This would be a problem if a sellers need to ship to serveral countries. Please help?[/QUOTE]

This is just the way it works. It is basically the same issue as these feature requests:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=952[/url]

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=953[/url]

Ugly, isn’t it? Hopefully, they will start to clean some of this stuff up.

As far as missing states, they seem to be adding them slowly in response to customer’s expressed need. You can add then yourself in Shipping/taxes->States.

Bob

I can’t believe CS Cart has this sort of limitation. This means that they are telling in my case almost 60% of users not to buy. Why don’t they just have an option to manually enter states. Some users like me only need the country selection to use for setting the shipping options. Adding the states myself is out of the question, I have no idea what states each country has and they are too many.

Sometimes I think I should of stuck with Interspire shopping cart - I had so much more conversion rates compared to CS-Cart. If they don’t do something good in the next few months I will have to look at different carts.

[quote name=‘San’]I can’t believe CS Cart has this sort of limitation. This means that they are telling in my case almost 60% of users not to buy. Why don’t they just have an option to manually enter states. Some users like me only need the country selection to use for setting the shipping options. Adding the states myself is out of the question, I have no idea what states each country has and they are too many.[/quote]

All states are required to be uniform in order to utilize real-time shipping among other resources (statistics addon etc).

Consider Mum’Pop customers who put “Florida” in the state code instead of FL and I guarantee they’ll be pissed off to know that UPS doesn’t work :slight_smile:

I removed some countries that did not have states defined to avoid any hassle of customers complaining and to my amazement I have learned that if states are removed or the database has none entered for a specific country it allows the customer to manually enter one. I do not know if this was a bug in the old version since I am now running the current 2.0.14 version of CS cart and everything seems fine. Correct me if I’m wrong in my findings. Also note I have switched to the 3 page checkout which may have something to do with it.