Shipping Properties - Shipping Freight, But Depends On Quantity

I am trying to add a standard shipping charge to a few large items, but not having the charge multiplied strictly by the quantity purchased.

Say, a customer buys a TV Mount and I set a charge of $10.00 shipping freight (on top of the regular shipping costs). This one seems simple, but if the same customer buys 2 TV mounts and I can fit them in the same box I don’t want to charge them double the standard freight. But if they bought 3, then I would add another $10.00 to the freight.

I thought the “Items in a box” would take care of this but it looks like it’s still doubling the “Shipping freight” charge. I set it to 1 - 2.

I’m thinking the only way to get around this would be to add a “Quantity Discount” of $10 off for buying 2 items. But if there’s a more standard way to do this (since the shipping charge still shows as doubled), I would appreciate the advice.

Also, is there a way to have this not be added to “Warehouse Pick-up”?

Sorry for the multitude of questions. Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

Hello Phantomcables, [quote name='phantomcables' timestamp='1308230455' post='115050']

I am trying to add a standard shipping charge to a few large items, but not having the charge multiplied strictly by the quantity purchased.

Say, a customer buys a TV Mount and I set a charge of $10.00 shipping freight (on top of the regular shipping costs). This one seems simple, but if the same customer buys 2 TV mounts and I can fit them in the same box I don't want to charge them double the standard freight. But if they bought 3, then I would add another $10.00 to the freight.

I thought the “Items in a box” would take care of this but it looks like it's still doubling the “Shipping freight” charge. I set it to 1 - 2.

I'm thinking the only way to get around this would be to add a “Quantity Discount” of $10 off for buying 2 items. But if there's a more standard way to do this (since the shipping charge still shows as doubled), I would appreciate the advice.

Also, is there a way to have this not be added to “Warehouse Pick-up”?

Sorry for the multitude of questions. Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

[/quote]

I advise you to set up a shipping method that will depend on total cost of a product, but not on its quantity. In order to do it, you need to cancel shipping freight for a necessary product (if you do not want to add it as additional shipping charge for a necessary shipping method) and then I recommend that you use instructions from this article in our Knowledge Base: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation . In this case you do not need to set up special quantity discounts and the price will not be added to your “Warehouse Pick-up” shipping method because you will create an additional shipping method.

As regards the “Items in a box” input field, here you can set the minimal and maximal number of product items to be shipped in a separate box.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

Thanks for the hint Anastasia, my only concern with this is that we have our CS-Cart set up to give us live rates. And wouldn't I have to have that shipping method used only on the manually set up rates?

Also, the freight is only for specific products. I dont want to set up shipping based on cost and then have it affect everything over that amount, when I really only want it to affect a specific product.

For example:

Product A costs $50, and I want to add a freight charge to this of $10.

Product B costs $50, but has no freight charge

If I set a shipping charge based on the costs (anything $50 and over gets charged $10), this would affect both Products A and B.

I was thinking that the closest solution to this may be if I add Quantity discounts equal to the freight. But this won't account for the taxes charged and I will still have the problem of freight being added to Pickups.

Thank you for taking the time to help.

Dear Phantomcables,

[quote name='phantomcables' timestamp='1308602875' post='115380']

Thanks for the hint Anastasia, my only concern with this is that we have our CS-Cart set up to give us live rates. And wouldn't I have to have that shipping method used only on the manually set up rates?

Also, the freight is only for specific products. I dont want to set up shipping based on cost and then have it affect everything over that amount, when I really only want it to affect a specific product.

For example:

Product A costs $50, and I want to add a freight charge to this of $10.

Product B costs $50, but has no freight charge

If I set a shipping charge based on the costs (anything $50 and over gets charged $10), this would affect both Products A and B.

I was thinking that the closest solution to this may be if I add Quantity discounts equal to the freight. But this won't account for the taxes charged and I will still have the problem of freight being added to Pickups.

Thank you for taking the time to help.

[/quote]

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, it is impossible to set up such shipping cost according to your needs. The only thing I can advise is to use the “shipping freight” functionality. I advise that you should adjust prices to shipping freight of necessary products.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team