Shipping: Pickup In-Store

I would like to have a free shipping option available for pickup in-store. Has anyone setup something like this? How did you do it? I created a manual shipping method of: FREE Pickup In-Store, but of course it still shows the standard customer ship-to address. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have the same question. I setup Cost dependences to $0 in a pickup in store option. The shipping method will not show up on the check out screen

You have to set up a line with “More than $.01” and leave Rate Value at 0 to get the method to appear for a customer. I have multiple Free Shipping options which are assigned to different memberships/user groups and they all appear correctly when needed.

Hope this helps!

Thanks! Worked well

[quote name=‘scase’]You have to set up a line with “More than $.01” and leave Rate Value at 0 to get the method to appear for a customer. I have multiple Free Shipping options which are assigned to different memberships/user groups and they all appear correctly when needed.

Hope this helps![/QUOTE]

I have done that, but my CS-Cart is a new installation, and I’m still configuring it. NO shipping options or charges show up when I test the cart and I don’t know why. I have locations set up, and I have shipping options assigned to each of them. but still no shipping shows up in the checkout. Ideas??

Has anyone set this up in version 2.1.2? I’ve tried several different things I’ve read in the forums, but cannot get the in-store pickup option to show at checkout.

As well remembered by mhulbrock, “you have to set up a line with “More than $.01” and leave Rate Value at 0 to get the method to appear for a customer.” If you don’t set any dependencies the shipping will NOT work.

This need is not cited on the KB, and drove me nuts on my first attepmt to setup a store. For me it’s a bug. CS-Cart Support Team, as usual, preffer to call it “standard behavior”

yes it should be written in the KB

I had the same problem, and know how to solve the problem (for me it works).

Go to Settings, Shipping settings.

Make the option “Disable shipping” checked and save.

Refresh your frontstore… you see there are no shipping-options.

Again in backend… go to Settings, shipping settings… And now uncheck option “Disable shipping” and save.

Check again you storefront. I think your options are now visable. For me it works!

Grtz,

Rene