Shipping over $50 for free

Hi,

I 've configured all the steps for shipping to Europe on weight dependencies and it’s working fine.

Now I am trying to set a new dependence at the Product Cost, so if the order is over $50 shipping is free. Doesn’t work ! Anything I fill it goes over the regural weight shipment cost.

I want to keep the weight of the products because I have different shipment policies for different countries.

Anyone, any idea ? :confused:

Thanks

Probably easiest to use a promotion versus shipping charges since you are already using weight.

Hi,

I am not familiar with the “promotion versus shipping charges”. Is this something that suits my case ? Could you you sent me a hint about that?

Something that I came up today is the gift certificate code for multiple uses. Is it possible to make a gift code for everyone to use it (subscribers) for some time of period ?

[quote]

Is this something that suits my case ?

[/quote]

Goto Catalog/Promotions

Click the “Add cart promotion” button and fill out the info.

Click the Conditions tab

Clcik the “Add Condition” button

Select “Product Price” from the dropdown list. Select “Greater” from the drop down that appears and enter 50 into the textbox.

Click the Bonuses tab

Click the Add bonus button

Select “Free shipping” from the drop-down

Click Create or Save

Anytime someone’s cart has products that exceed $50 then they will get free shipping. If you want to restrict this to a particular shipping method then you will have to add a new shipping method with only a Product Cost of 50 and a zero for the charge in it for the locations that you want to provide the free shipping for.

ok,

That seems to work perfectly

thanks tbirnseth

That helped me as well, thanks for the explanation!

thanks a lot. i couldn’t find a way to fix this weight override. Thanks again tbirnseth

But i have another error that you meight help me

I have two payment methods (A and B). i add a promotion in where :when someone select payment method A, then he will will have free shipping but if he select payment B then the shipping will be $$.

This seems to works fine when reloading the page but not with ajax.

i mean that :

a user select payment B > the shipping cost is $$

then he select payment A > ajax reloads and message of “charges changed” appear but the shipping is still $$

if the user click on “continue” or reloads the page (F5) then the shipping is “free” as correct.

Seems that ajax is not working too good.

any idea please?

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Goto Catalog/Promotions

Click the Conditions tab

Clcik the “Add Condition” button

*****Select “Product Price” from the dropdown list.

Select “Greater” from the drop down that appears and enter 50 into the textbox.

Click the Bonuses tab

Click Create or Save

Anytime someone’s cart has products that exceed $50 then they will get free shipping. If you want to restrict this to a particular shipping method then you will have to add a new shipping method with only a Product Cost of 50 and a zero for the charge in it for the locations that you want to provide the free shipping for.[/QUOTE]

We actually found these instructions were just a little off. Instead of selecting “Product Price” you should select “Order Subtotal”. The problem is “Product price” seems to mean something strange. For example, if we found if we put in 3 of an item that was $19.99 a piece and the free shipping was set at $50 having the “Product Price” condition set, it would not give this customer the free shipping. If your customer bought several different products and its price is equal or greater than $50, he/she will receive a free shipping for this product. I have no idea why CS-Cart has this setting, but they do.

So when you make the condition “Order subtotal” the promotion works properly no matter what variety of products are in the shopping cart.

So basically, if you want “free shipping” for everything or anything the customer puts in the cart I believe the instructions should say…

[quote]

Goto Catalog/Promotions

Click the Conditions tab

Click the “Add Condition” button

Select “Order Subtotal” from the drop down list.

Select “Greater” from the drop down that appears and enter 50 into the textbox.

Click the Bonuses tab

Click Create or Save

[/quote]

Thanks for CS support for helping me figure out this strange setting.

Note that using order_subtotal will include any discounts applied and any gift_certificates used. Order_subtotal is basically the order_total minus shipping.