Shipping methods... TERRIBLE BUG

I’ve spent hours creating the damn dependencies lists.

First of all there’s nowhere in the docs, that you must create locations BESIDES localizations in order to select them in the shipping methods.

a) There’s a bug with the euro sign. It shows as € inside the input box in the cost dependencies and cannot be deleted, hope it doesn’t create any issues.

B) Second, you cannot input halves in the weight dependencies. Why not? There are significant differences in shipping costs for half a kilo, please implement this.

c) Last and the most important. I mean wtf bug is this?

In order to test weight dependencies, I put a product with a weight of 1 unit (1kg). I put 1 item, gives me correct cost, I put 2 items I get correct cost, in 3 items, I get FREE SHIPPING! LOL… then I check the shipping methods box and here is what I see:

First, I put up to 20kgs. It seems to have added its own values, and zero-ed my previous values for some cases. Have no idea why this happened, but I know for a fact I have to write them again. And this happens for other shipping methods as well.

WTF! What’s causing this? Anyone with similar issues? I need to get this damn eshop online and I keep stumbling on damn BUGS.

I mean for God’s shake, fix these things. I am expecting a full answer by a dev here confirming this, why it happens and how to fix this.

Umm… The forum is not the place to report bugs. You might try the bugtracker. Or if you want a solution, ask via the helpdesk. I doubt anyone here is going to donate their time to research the problem for you.

[quote name=‘scooterlord’ timestamp=‘1379119997’ post=‘168243’]

I’ve spent hours creating the damn dependencies lists.

First of all there’s nowhere in the docs, that you must create locations BESIDES localizations in order to select them in the shipping methods.

a) There’s a bug with the euro sign. It shows as € inside the input box in the cost dependencies and cannot be deleted, hope it doesn’t create any issues.

B) Second, you cannot input halves in the weight dependencies. Why not? There are significant differences in shipping costs for half a kilo, please implement this.

c) Last and the most important. I mean wtf bug is this?

In order to test weight dependencies, I put a product with a weight of 1 unit (1kg). I put 1 item, gives me correct cost, I put 2 items I get correct cost, in 3 items, I get FREE SHIPPING! LOL… then I check the shipping methods box and here is what I see:

First, I put up to 20kgs. It seems to have added its own values, and zero-ed my previous values for some cases. Have no idea why this happened, but I know for a fact I have to write them again. And this happens for other shipping methods as well.

WTF! What’s causing this? Anyone with similar issues? I need to get this damn eshop online and I keep stumbling on damn BUGS.

I mean for God’s shake, fix these things. I am expecting a full answer by a dev here confirming this, why it happens and how to fix this.

[/quote]

Seee this in the bug tracker: http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-4282-v401-shipping-price-modifier/page__verfilter__76

john

Also can not reorder the shipping methods. You can add this to your bug report.

[quote name='ThomH' timestamp='1379312911' post='168289']

Also can not reorder the shipping methods. You can add this to your bug report.

[/quote]

Already in bug tracker

http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-4287-shipping-method-position/page__catfilter__8

John

[quote name='JohnCarroll' timestamp='1379314165' post='168290']

Already in bug tracker

http://forum.cs-cart…e__catfilter__8

John

[/quote]

Thanks, good to know.

Use grammes rather than kilogrammes and you don't have the issue with half weights.

[quote name='NairdaCart' timestamp='1379504202' post='168389']

Use grammes rather than kilogrammes and you don't have the issue with half weights.

[/quote]

Yeah we do that, but it creates other problems.

When entering a Weight dependency of say $1 per kg, this needs to be entered as $0.001 /gm which cant be accepted by the cart because the Currency is set to 2 decimal points !

Unless you set the currency to 3dp , which looks stupid in AU$ you cant program the shipping cost Weight dependencies per grams unless its >$10 /kg

Just another example of the poor functionality of the Shipping Mechanism of CSCart which desperately needs fixing, (We use v2.1.4, so can only speak for that version)